Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aaannd Sonny is now worth £60m+ but presumably with pre-exemption wages and harder to prise off us. Told you all before, that new contract was a Levy masterstroke.

Love the guy, Spurs legend in the making.

TheSpurEst you disagreed? Get your ass in here and explain how Son isn’t essential you twat!

First of all, you seem to have some mental problems. You can express yourself without looking like someone who had manners teached by monkies (sorry if you are Tarzan reincarnation and actually were brought up in jungle!)

Second of all, I mostly disagreed with part of "Lamela being perpetually crocked". Absolutely needless to bring him into the discussion and even more unjustified totally writing him off.
Third of all, I am happy to have player like Son in our squad. He offers different kind of skillset and everything. But even as of now, when he would return, he is not starting player. And I would not call substiture player "essential" (even though I agree that substitute player is bit harsh description of his role).

Last edited:
Well he is a starting player. For various reasons, he took part in more of our games last season than any other Spurs player. So that shows how important he is BOTH to the first team AND the squad as a whole. IMO he was the best of the bunch that plays behind Kane last season.. and was playing well whilst others struggled. It was only toward the last month or so of last season that he tailed off and others such as Dele and Eriksen started upping their game in the final couple of months.

Just because he is not a sure starter it doesn’t mean he is not essential. Good subs are essential too. A season with no new signings and a thin bench means Son, Lamela and all the subs are important.

And I don’t know if he is not a starter either - he’s a semi starter who scores a lot of goals when our only real forward is Kane, and if that’s not essential, I don’t know who is.

His return back will be very much welcome. Another option to use up top. He will push Dele, Kane and Lucas for a spot (possibly even Eriksen if Eriksen's form goes completely off kilter?).

Having options is always good and in a game like today Son would have never stopped running and hunting and if Kane's mobility is stuck at a lower level we will need speedy players like Son and Lucas to play off of him.

His return back will be very much welcome. Another option to use up top. He will push Dele, Kane and Lucas for a spot (possibly even Eriksen if Eriksen's form goes completely off kilter?).

Having options is always good and in a game like today Son would have never stopped running and hunting and if Kane's mobility is stuck at a lower level we will need speedy players like Son and Lucas to play off of him.
agree

> tfw Levy convinced Son that taking a pay cut but paying for 5 years was a good deal because of the military service.

GvB7eQD.gif

What's that...? ..."Like a new siging" you say? :freund:

Well he is a starting player. For various reasons, he took part in more of our games last season than any other Spurs player. So that shows how important he is BOTH to the first team AND the squad as a whole. IMO he was the best of the bunch that plays behind Kane last season.. and was playing well whilst others struggled. It was only toward the last month or so of last season that he tailed off and others such as Dele and Eriksen started upping their game in the final couple of months.

Of course he is important. I would even say very important. But after Moura's addition I would not say "essential".

And regardless of number the games he participated, playing time in our front players were -
3979 minutes (3761 in EPL&CL) - Eriksen
3953 minutes (3680) Kane 273
3790 minutes (3408) Alli 382
3379 minutes (2737) Son 642
(and if we talk about all around, then Super Jan played 4286 minutes last season).
And I seriously believe that this year the proportions are even bit clearer due to Moura's addition this season.

I like Son. He offers energy, he has positive influence on the squad. He has one hell of a shot in his foot. He is fast. But at the same time when I think about how painful would it be to replace some players, he is nowhere near as irreplacable than Kane (well obv) or Eriksen (I know some take a piss at him right now, but fook me, this is some short memory - last year when he missed some games we were headless on attacking department). I am saying that we could find another AM who could pitch in with 12 goals and 6 assists over EPL season. We could not replace Kane or Eriksen. I don't understand why some ppl take this as personal insult...

He's now currently with the Sth Korea team for their upcoming games. I hope he retires from international football the minute his military exemption is confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom