Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

who runs his heart out, to make a point

Without starting another war, I'm not sure what you think the point being made is?

"Running your heart out" is a pretty low bar for a PL pro. I'd expect them to be able to do this (10 - 11K per match), along with controlling, heading, tackling etc. Usain Bolt who always "runs his heart out" failed in some semi-Pro Aussie league - so clearly running a lot (or even fast) can't be counted as an important criteria.

Son, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Alderwiereld, Lloris, Winks, Sissoko, Rose were pretty good today. Lamela, Lucas and Eriksen weren't. Pointing out the evidence of your eyes, and then discussing it, is what the forum is for. We don't have to agree.

Some members think there are hidden agendas at play. There aren't, just opinions. Each one as valid as anyone elses.

Without starting another war, I'm not sure what you think the point being made is?

"Running your heart out" is a pretty low bar for a PL pro. I'd expect them to be able to do this (10 - 11K per match), along with controlling, heading, tackling etc. Usain Bolt who always "runs his heart out" failed in some semi-Pro Aussie league - so clearly running a lot (or even fast) can't be counted as an important criteria.

Son, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Alderwiereld, Lloris, Winks, Sissoko, Rose were pretty good today. Lamela, Lucas and Eriksen weren't. Pointing out the evidence of your eyes, and then discussing it, is what the forum is for. We don't have to agree.

Some members think there are hidden agendas at play. There aren't, just opinions. Each one as valid as anyone elses.
Of course people are entitled to their opinions, and if I don't agree, I'm not one for pressing the disagree button. However, in this particular case, I felt that the post was a dig at Erik, when there was no call for it. Erik played his part in our win today, he was unlucky with his header against the post.

Of course people are entitled to their opinions, and if I don't agree, I'm not one for pressing the disagree button. However, in this particular case, I felt that the post was a dig at Erik, when there was no call for it. Erik played his part in our win today, he was unlucky with his header against the post.

mikes01666

In other words, keep that up and royalty gon fuck u up, breh!

VvD will probably win it, because Liverpool reacharound, but it’d be nice for Son to get the recognition he deserves and be on the shortlist.

I assumed he meant Spurs poty...

Shame about Jan's injury, cos he's been a classy as ever (Bad call to bring him back for the NLD imo).

Bale scored 55 goals for us in 203 games.
Son has scored 61 goals in 170 games.

Of course this doesn't take into account the early Bale years when he was playing as a left back, or the fact that he scored 26 goals in 44 games in his final season for us.

But Bale scored 12, and 11 goals respectively in the 2 seasons before his last. Sons last 2 seasons have been 21 and 18, and he is currently on 14.

So you can say that Son is a better goalscorer than Bale was in all but Bale's last season for us... but all in all a very interesting comparison.

Bale scored 55 goals for us in 203 games.
Son has scored 61 goals in 170 games.

Of course this doesn't take into account the early Bale years when he was playing as a left back, or the fact that he scored 26 goals in 44 games in his final season for us.

But Bale scored 12, and 11 goals respectively in the 2 seasons before his last. Sons last 2 seasons have been 21 and 18, and he is currently on 14.

So you can say that Son is a better goalscorer than Bale was in all but Bale's last season for us... but all in all a very interesting comparison.

Bale was a superstar. I love Sonny and think he's finally getting the recognition his quality with both feet deserves but watching Bale explode into a wonder in our shirt was an absolute joy.

Don't think I've ever seen a more frightening player play for us during that growth spell of his. Absolutely wonderful to watch

Bale was a superstar. I love Sonny and think he's finally getting the recognition his quality with both feet deserves but watching Bale explode into a wonder in our shirt was an absolute joy.

Don't think I've ever seen a more frightening player play for us during that growth spell of his. Absolutely wonderful to watch
:pochfacepalm:

I'm not a fan of comparing players, especially ones in different eras. Bale was a great player to watch, and it would have been a fair assessment to say we were a bit of a one-man team back then. But we still didn't manage to win anything with him in the side, and the way he left was pretty disappointing. Sonny is more of a team player, maybe because he has better players to play with.

Back
Top Bottom