Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My wife used to look at me like he's looking at Vertonghen...........
EK77hPkXsAAvEHR

:memeokay:
Wait till you find out Vertonghen's looking at your wife.

Not just me then is it red coat. I was thinking Poch pretty much always subbed Sonny off around 60-70 minute and Jose hasn't at all. Perhaps Poch knew his levels.
Jose is using his wingers differently than Poch. Son will be doing way more running around so it's no surprise that he's tired. Hell, he's probably tired after 45min into the game. It's not a welcome change for Son as he won't be able to do his usual splint long pass runs anymore, leading to goals. If you check the heatmap of matches under Jose, he's running all over the place really.

Read my post on Aurier thread Kevin, learn to watch analytic football. I will only charge you 5 quid an hour for showing you the players heat map and movement record. Oh, almost forgot, I will also get you a pair of glasses on the way for just 250 pounds clean metallic frame

Read my post on Aurier thread Kevin, learn to watch analytic football. I will only charge you 5 quid an hour for showing you the players heat map and movement record. Oh, almost forgot, I will also get you a pair of glasses on the way for just 250 pounds clean metallic frame

You Korean? Then slide off the biased train?

Son doesn’t fit in Mou’s system. Seriously we should sell him and buy another brilliant winger with good defensive skill.

Kind of agree... Son's playing out of position right now. He's going to get burnt out if he's not already. I would be livid if I were in Son's position right now having to play a more defensive role under Mou's system. Hate to say it but I think he's going to ask for a transfer, particularly if Spurs don't make the top 4.

Kind of agree... Son's playing out of position right now. He's going to get burnt out if he's not already. I would be livid if I were in Son's position right now having to play a more defensive role under Mou's system. Hate to say it but I think he's going to ask for a transfer, particularly if Spurs don't make the top 4.

how many koreans are here.....

They all look tired but that’s normal when the games are every 3 days. Didn’t stop Son from getting two assists last weekend.

Lucas was a much bigger problem today than Son, he did literally nothing for 65 minutes. At least Son got some dangerous shots/crosses away and involved himself in the game.
Son was involved in the initial build-up that led to our goal. Quick feet in the box, looking to get in behind, it came to nothing but he kept the ball alive and laid back a pass that then got fed to Auier who had a shot that de gea couldn't handle and Dele did his thing.

Meanwhile, Lucas was picking Picanha out of his teeth.

I really don't think Son will succeed under Mourinho.

He will struggle and go back to being inconsistent again if Mou just keep him at the wing all the time. He's a better striker (or false 9) than a winger. And When he doesn't get freedom to move around, he usually gets isolated and have one of those quite games.

Last two games, he was isolated in the left side by himself and spend more time defending than attacking.

It was frustrating to watch him staying deep defending the left side by himself while Aurier is up attacking and taking shots like a foward on the other side.

He's one of the fastest and clinical finisher in the world. One good pass over the top, he will out run defenders and score goal by himself.

Mourinho need to put him in a better position to succeed. otherwise his form will drop, and he will look for an exit just like Eriksen is doing right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom