Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think this is where people get me all wrong. I absolutely love what Son and Kane bring to the team. They may not do everything perfectly, but the things they do well are a joy to watch.

When I say he's a limited player, it doesn't mean he still isn't one of the very best players in the world. I said as much in my original post over a month ago now, but people saw the phrase "limited" and completely blew a fuse and there was no reasoning after that.

It just means that there are tactical problems he can't solve, same as problems Kane can't solve, owing to his lack of agility and pace. Mourinho is using them exactly how they should be used, but when that doesn't work we need a different solution. So I suggested that we either get a ball playing winger in the mould of Pedro Neto, Hazard, Mane etc to complement Son and Kane or Son learns to develop that side of his game.

Also there are different levels of "limited" right? The only thing Kane doesn't have is elite level pace/agility, so you might call him "limited", but otherwise he has no weakness. Kane is physically quite big/strong and can use that in holdup play and headers, he's probably the top 3 passer in the league, Kane is also a rock solid penalty taker. These are not strong areas for Son. Though Son is clearly better at taking set pieces.

I get the delusion aspect of it too, I get quite upset when England fans shit all over Winks and Dier whenever a teamsheet gets released with their names on it. Believe me, I understand.

Lloris is also quite limited. He only plays in goal.

Lloris is also quite limited. He only plays in goal.
Well, he is limited, he can't kick for shit, and loves a high profile clanger every now and then. Still doesn't stop him being absolutely world class.

Son might be at the peak value now if he is to rot defending under Jose ball. Cash out now? Or Permanant Bale Modrich and Reggie for Son?
Some things go way beyond money. It is an honour to have Son at our club. The guy has been gifting us some beautiful football for quite some time. Anybody who watches PL football, regardless of who they support, will not forget him. And he's elected to stick it out with us through thick and thin. Partnered with Kane, we're watching some poetry with these two.

No sales.

A the end of this season Son will be 29 and Kane 28. At that age, they will be looking to lock in a contract for their final 3 or 4 years playing at the top level.

The men in suits will also be looking at both of them as shifting from prime assets to depreciating assets. Selling one of them in the summer would likely fund the clubs transfer business for the following 2 seasons. We have plenty of ageing players to replace by summer 22 (Llloris, Toby, Sissoko, Lamela, Rose, Moura, Gazza, Doherty, Bale, Aurier, Davis will all be over 30) and none of them will generate any significant incoming funds.

Having already spent 250m over the last couple of seasons we likely can't splash any more significant cash. Like it or not, Kane or Son may be sold to fund the next generation of our squad.

Having already spent 250m over the last couple of seasons we likely can't splash any more significant cash. Like it or not, Kane or Son may be sold to fund the next generation of our squad.
Can’t see it myself , but In hindsight we left it to long with Eriksen however can you imagine the kind of abuse Levy would have got by selling Erisken a year earlier ? Even if this would have given us the funds to by Say Grealish or Bruno Fernandez? Everything is easy in hindsight though

Salad blanked, chance for Sonny to get back on the top of the goal scoring chart. Beat Villa 4-0. Son 1, Kane hattrick. Joint top scorers in the league.

sMOsgCA.png

Back
Top Bottom