Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah that should have happen 3 games ago. If i was Richarlison i would have been pissed. I would get if the players that plays on my position is having a great run of games, but Son is utter **** from the get going, and he is non-stop playing and eating minutes, and do nothing.

And i'm not talking about goals, i'm talking about any contribution. He is losing the ball easily, not making good runs, not beating opponents 1 on 1, not doing anything actually. Just given the ball to the opposition.
Conte is just gambling on him.

He’s just been invisible in every game he’s played this season. No real contributions or key passes. Really thought he was going to kick on from last year.

Could definitely understand Conte sticking with him because as we all know, once Son gets one, he seems to go on a big purple patch but I don’t understand why Kulu came off and not him today. Kulu was making an impact and got the assist today. The Son for Richy switch has been working so not sure why he didn’t do it again.

Think it might be time to give Richy a shot on the left side

He will come good, he always does but it’s been clear for a few games now that he shouldn’t been starting. Richarlison should have started the last 2 games.

Time to start earning your place.

We shouldn't have to play Son into form like we have done in previous years. We now have Richarlison chomping at the bit and proving his worth when he does make an appearance.

He’s just been invisible in every game he’s played this season. No real contributions or key passes. Really thought he was going to kick on from last year.

Could definitely understand Conte sticking with him because as we all know, once Son gets one, he seems to go on a big purple patch but I don’t understand why Kulu came off and not him today. Kulu was making an impact and got the assist today. The Son for Richy switch has been working so not sure why he didn’t do it again.

He doesn't want to cause a rift with Sonny/ a media enquiry by taking him off every game.

He used tonight as a chance to avoid this when Kulu wasn't playing particularly well (though still better than Son) and got the hook instead.

Lame management imo. Son has been tragic this season.

Checking the heatmap and looks like the game plan was to try to find Son in running in behind which we pretty much failed to do except maybe once in the second half.

He only had around 30 touches in the entire game. Completely nonexistent.

Start of this season proving how important Son is to the way we play. Not much else has changed between this season and last except Son's form. Same stodgy midfield, same hot and cold Kane, same unimaginative backline.... everyone rightly complaining about all the same old shit. Only difference is Son's form. Our counter attacks and modus operandi aren't effective without him contributing. I also think that's why he hasn't been or won't be dropped. He's too important to just bin, it means changing everything. Shit situation

oh hes been very visible, hes been a fucking liability. its no longer on him though this is on conte now. the fact hes even started the last 2 games after the first 3 is really weak management. if he starts at the weekend then we are fucked in big trouble. you cant blame the players not starting to get fucked off when they see a player whos stunk us out for 5 games, still not get dropped for players who have done more than enough to get a start and a chance. that means we are not run on merit but favouritism and that is not sport.

i actually think a 2 game break will do son the world of good. it would also kick the rest of the squad up the arse because right now if youre part of that first 11 youre not feeling your place is under threat after the treatment of son.

bench him for 3 games, see if that fires up his mentality
I honestly don't think mentality has much to do with it though. Maybe he is overthinking things like some have said... but if he doesn't play then when he is given the chance he might try too hard which is a worry.

I think the best thing to do is to rest him for the next game and see how he fares in the game after..

If Richarlison started 5 games and had 5 extremely poor games, we would all be spitting feathers and I’m pretty certain Conte would drop him for a long period of time. Son for his quality and excellent career at Spurs is currently playing utter horse shit and doesn’t deserve to be starting games right now. Richarlison is chomping at the bits. Give him an opportunity Antonio

oh hes been very visible, hes been a fucking liability. its no longer on him though this is on conte now. the fact hes even started the last 2 games after the first 3 is really weak management. if he starts at the weekend then we are fucked in big trouble. you cant blame the players not starting to get fucked off when they see a player whos stunk us out for 5 games, still not get dropped for players who have done more than enough to get a start and a chance. that means we are not run on merit but favouritism and that is not sport.

i actually think a 2 game break will do son the world of good. it would also kick the rest of the squad up the arse because right now if youre part of that first 11 youre not feeling your place is under threat after the treatment of son.
Yes I think the two worst offenders are Son and Emerson.

Emerson gives his all and is a decent defender but we can't just write off the whole attacking aspect of RWB because he's a nice guy.
Look at the danger Perisic constantly creates. Now Doherty and Spence are no Perisic but at least they will offer some mix of goal threat/1v1 ability/decent delivery.
How can Conte repeatedly watch Sanchez and Emerson together and think this is a good approach?

But then it's the same with Son. A shit pre-season and 5 terrible PL games yet he keeps his place.

I think Conte is very conservative and is scared to make more than 1 or 2 changes to his team at any time.

Maybe if Romero had stayed fit we might have seen another wingback, or if Bentancur was playing Richarlison might have started.

He will never make 3-4 changes to his starting lineup unless absolutely forced to and that is an issue imo.

The team needs freshening up now and I'd like to see Spence, Lenglet, Richarlison all start against Fulham.

Yes I think the two worst offenders are Son and Emerson.

Emerson gives his all and is a decent defender but we can't just write off the whole attacking aspect of RWB because he's a nice guy.
Look at the danger Perisic constantly creates. Now Doherty and Spence are no Perisic but at least they will offer some mix of goal threat/1v1 ability/decent delivery.
How can Conte repeatedly watch Sanchez and Emerson together and think this is a good approach?

But then it's the same with Son. A shit pre-season and 5 terrible PL games yet he keeps his place.

I think Conte is very conservative and is scared to make more than 1 or 2 changes to his team at any time.

Maybe if Romero had stayed fit we might have seen another wingback, or if Bentancur was playing Richarlison might have started.

He will never make 3-4 changes to his starting lineup unless absolutely forced to and that is an issue imo.

The team needs freshening up now and I'd like to see Spence, Lenglet, Richarlison all start against Fulham.
yea if we had a perisic level threat the other side we would smother teams and eventually they crack under pressure, they get a respite when emerson has the ball as they know fuck all is going to happen unless he passes to kulu simple ball, then they have to switch on.

perisic is sending in little clipped balls with his weak foot ffs that is of a far higher quality than any cross emerson has done.

Conte is playing a dangerous game here, Son is out of form (we can all see that) Richarlison gets going form the minute he comes on the pitch (think we can all see that ?)
If Conte keeps starting Son the Boo's will start coming and we will fall out of love with Son, (read this thread to see how some fans are moaning)

Back
Top Bottom