Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Out of interest, what would happen is Son basically just said fuck off, I'm staying in England. What would likely happen?

As long as he didn't go back to Korea? Probably nothing would happen. Korea has a history of not showing leniency toward people who skip out on their military service, even going so far as to bar the people from entering the country again. In all honesty, if Son decided to give up his Korean citizenship and become a citizen of another country, I would not fault him in the least bit.

As long as he didn't go back to Korea? Probably nothing would happen. Korea has a history of not showing leniency toward people who skip out on their military service, even going so far as to bar the people from entering the country again. In all honesty, if Son decided to give up his Korean citizenship and become a citizen of another country, I would not fault him in the least bit.
That’s a fucking horrible decision to have to make. Turning your back on your homeland & knowing you’d never be welcome back. Still, can’t say I’d like to swap a career as a footballing superstar earning gazillions, for patrolling the Korean border for 2 years. Bollocks to that.
:sonhmm:

He's a massive, massive superstar in Korea ... he may well feel that serving two years in his Country's military is an honour, many Koreans do ... there are plenty of ways he can be exempted, or his service can be delayed, these are possible options but then he may not want to go against tradition ... who knows ...
Would be utterly amazed if he gave up his Korean citizenship ... would break the hearts of 50m fans .....

Out of interest, what would happen is Son basically just said fuck off, I'm staying in England. What would likely happen?
there is less chance of him doing that than Korea making to the 16 in this WC which is anywhere between 1% chance to none at this point

To be clear I wasn't saying there was any chance of that happening, I was merely asking a hypothetical question.

I think the similar hypothetical question possibily lingered a few more in German when they looked so stale against Mexico

Last edited:
DgZSwpTX0AAImxa.jpg:large

:vdvcry:

That makes me feel genuinely sad.
Every pic of Sonny you ordinarily see, has him with that lovely, beaming, infectious smile. A real Happy go lucky kind of chap. That picture makes me feel like some bastard has upset one of my kids.
I must love Sonny even more than I thought I did.
Go wallop those Germans lad. You can still qualify & send them twats home in the process (I think)

Korean football in dire need of a presidential order to shut down the corrupt Korean Football Association and put the key figures in jail

Back
Top Bottom