Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is now!!! 10th place all time top scorer for Spurs!!

top-10.png
The Greaves record is one of the Holy Grail's of football

I believe I sit in a very slim minority, in that I never clamour for a Kane back up

With all the complexities that come with finding a striker as back up to Harry I believe we are better off having Son go central if Harry isn’t to play

I’m of the opinion we wouldn’t find a back up striker as good as Son. This allows you to go purchase a Kulu type player to play across the front line rather than the narrower skill set if you went down the back up striker route

Boiled down I think Son is a top class striker whilst admittedly being an even better ‘inside left’
Keeping stevie and lucas as backup will be good enough.

I wonder will harry let him take over taking penalties?

Will be interesting depending on how the land lies in the last few games.

e.g. If we already have top 4 in the bag and Sonny needs a goal for the golden boot and we get a pen against Norwich on the last day.... I'd like to think H would stand aside for his homeboy.

The most two footed player on the planet. If he didn’t take corners for us I’d have no idea what his stronger foot was. That takes some talent.

And as a bit of a forum browser, I am shocked by the amount of voitriol he receives. Rival fans see him as a nasty piece or work for some mental reason. They have him all wrong. I guess because of the misunderstanding of the Gomes incident.

He is by far, the loveliest lad in football.

Love him to bits and bona fide Tottenham legend.

💕

Do you mean so he gets golden boot? Who gives a shit, we’re in a top 4 race and kane is
one of the best penalty takers in the world (maybe of all time).
Our club has sacrificed a lot trying to get Kane goals and Golden Boots at the expense of our general play and results. But I agree, there's no way Son should be taking penalties ahead of Kane given where we are in the race.

Last edited:
Will be interesting depending on how the land lies in the last few games.

e.g. If we already have top 4 in the bag and Sonny needs a goal for the golden boot and we get a pen against Norwich on the last day.... I'd like to think H would stand aside for his homeboy.
id almost love to see that to see what Harry is made of....

I love Sonny, and even when he wasn't playing great (by his standards), he was still contributing with goals. He was obviously fatigued and carrying some sort of injury.
His relationship with H borders on telepathic and they bring out the best in each other, for the good of the team.
I'm a simple being when it comes to football, I just don't understand the bitching and carping from opposite camps who pitch Kane v Son against each other. They should be down on their knees thanking the Almighty that they both play for us and are making us one of the best attacking sides in Europe at the moment.
I respectfully request, just put a sock in it.
200.gif

He seems to have rested. Maybe an international trip was what he needed.
Guess a private plane for 10 hours halfway around the world and some in flight movies was all he needed.

I love Sonny, and even when he wasn't playing great (by his standards), he was still contributing with goals. He was obviously fatigued and carrying some sort of injury.
His relationship with H borders on telepathic and they bring out the best in each other, for the good of the team.
I'm a simple being when it comes to football, I just don't understand the bitching and carping from opposite camps who pitch Kane v Son against each other. They should be down on their knees thanking the Almighty that they both play for us and are making us one of the best attacking sides in Europe at the moment.
200.gif

One of your best ever posts, and that's saying something.

We are blessed to have BOTH of these players. The synergy is something to behold.

200.gif
There's a difference between criticism of technical shortcomings and bad form and being an asshole towards our two best players. Thankfully the latter is very limited to one specific troll on the Kane thread.

As for pitting Son against Kane, that's definitely unacceptable, they complement each other perfectly. Neither would be as impressive without the other.

BTW, I watched that City vs Liverpool game with a smile on my face knowing we have Son and Kane and they don't. Not often you can say that about such dominant teams. Son/Kane/Kulu would have ripped either defence to shreds. I just hope we can give them the proper support in defence and midfield to finally win something.

Back
Top Bottom