Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anything else we need to know?

Son is a Manchester United supporter having grown up idolising Cristiano Ronaldo and compatriot Park Ji-Sung, but a more potentially significant concern for Spurs fans could be his looming military service. Koreans are obliged to serve a two-year conscription by the age of 28 and the law only exempts athletes who win a medal at an Olympics event or finish first in competition at the Asian Games. Son is yet to achieve either.

Son is a Manchester United supporter having grown up idolising Cristiano Ronaldo and compatriot Park Ji-Sung, but a more potentially significant concern for Spurs fans could be his looming military service. Koreans are obliged to serve a two-year conscription by the age of 28 and the law only exempts athletes who win a medal at an Olympics event or finish first in competition at the Asian Games. Son is yet to achieve either.

He can do it at 35 years old.

Chill.

I love this guy already. It was sad to see Soldado leave but we've replaced one very likeable striker with another, but one who is proven in a league that is out of their comfort zone. Given that I live close to New Malden now, I wonder if we can turn the area into one with a few more Tottenham shirts - if only just to fuck off the local chavskis. COYS.

Agree. Dogs isn't as bad but still think it would be similar to us signing an African player and saying he chucks spears cos you know a few people in Africa used to chuck spears.

Anyway, back to the thread...........

Where are the ITK's on this one and how many youtube hits has Ming-Son had today by people frantically trying to pretend they know who he is?
I'm not not gonna lie, never heard of him until 3 hours ago
He's my favorite player. If you have been on TFC for a while you know I am a fanatic, and have been calling for his transfer since 2013. Both footed, quick, I think what one would call a Smart Footballer, and even though he looks small or weak he can be rough. Tell me if you want more info. He has a great shot from wing .

I swear if him or N'Jie dosent play against Everton I'm gonna almost melt. What's the point of signing players if you wait 6 months to even have them on the bench let alone the starting 11.

He dropped out of high school so he could actually postpone his military service up to age 35 under the recently revised army draft bill in Korea. Meaning you could suck out all the juice from Son before he goes Ten-hut so no need to worry about that ;) This signing was so out of blue, but such an awesome deal.

BTW I am exploding with joy right now. Can't believe my favorite player joined my favorite club. Nobody called me out when he signed though, which makes me sad hah

Back
Top Bottom