Hoddle for England U21's manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glenn for England U21's manager?

Pro's
  • Pearce is an embarrassing, clueless fucking fuckwit.
  • Hods has managed at top level and had a 60+ win percentage for England.
  • Hods has been acutely focused on youth development since his walk into the managerial desert.
Con's
  • He's a bit touched.

He's probably been out of management too long to even be considered. He'd probably be a step up from Pearce, but I'd probably be a step up from Pearce

Hoddle would be an excellent choice (if he could keep his more extreme beliefs to himself?) but I don't think realistically the press would let him or as 57 Varieties says he would accept the job. Interestingly on the press front, Pearce's racist spate with Paul Ince and his brother's BNP membership was pretty quickly buried under the carpet all things considered.

Tony Pulis is available

The_Mask_by_donvito62.png

I would like to see someone like Carl Robinson but suspect he is better suited to sticking to club management and trying to improve there.

It is a strange position in that is important for development but once 'you're good enough you're old enough' kicks in and your best players become unavailable to you, you'll be on a hiding to nothing.

Italy's team had 55 senior caps between them, England's had two (Shelvey and Zaha)....the importance of tournament football and a winning mentality is installed by this country, until the attitude changes, England will continue to be a decent but not great side.

With all the controversy that's surrounded him since those soundbites tumbled out of his mind, it's easy to forget that he's a really talented manager. He's a stickler for playing the 'right' way, was hamstrung but how poor our squad was in the early 00's.

Back
Top Bottom