Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I take it seriously for what it is. I dont smack my bird around or smash up a shop cos we lost either.

But you´re in or you´re out as far as Im concerned. I dont invest emotionally when it suits me, laud all the triumph but when its shit Im like "aahhh whatever".

It hurts, Im angry and Im in it for life....despite the fact I also have a job. Weird point to make.

You might be able to switch off, then go right ahead and enjoy the season, even if we end up treading water again.

I´ll be fuming if we continue to do the same old shit, and I´ll be moved to tears if we finally get it right and achieve.

You can continue to be like "Meh...I got work on Monday" all you like. I really dont care.

Okay I tried. You fume away oh keyboard warrior, I'm off down the pub.

Last edited:
No one likes the guy that comes out and says "GUYS GUYS LOOK HOW RIGHT I WAS ABOUT US BEING SHIT."
We're all disappointed, no need to gloat about it. On to the next one, we'll beat the top team in the league away next week.

By your reasoning then, the 1st person to shout ' Iceberg ' on the Titanic should have hung his head in shame lol

Fuck off once and for all you worthless goober maggot CUNT

Typical constant abuse.

You using a crushing loss of points to push your sin bin agenda is prime troll underhanded snitch. I hope it backfires on you and you get binned. Using losses to settle your scores is your calling card and you take great pleasure in it. People can criticize lev without being a gooner. You spend 1000's of posts on other teams websites so perhaps you are the gooner.

I think he has great skill and excellent vision with special eye for beautiful assist. I also think he's not positioned right in our layout and has extremely low confidence.
I am positive he's gonna be a great player someday, maybe not for us and maybe not in England
you must be an optician or an ophthalmologist
because vision in the game means the ability to see opportunities before they physically materialise and be capable of developing play to exploit them. I have never seen any evidence of that gift displayed by him
I do agree that he has ball playing skills that are impressive, but he seems incapable of utilising them to any effect within the confines of a premier league game.
Very much a luxury player - and we don't have a good enough team to carry passengers like him.
In my humble opinion.

I feel that has changed now. Fans are looking at him, not the manager. Sure we can't sack him but can you see him wincing through a home game with the fans on his back?
I don't think he will give a fuck to be honest mate. Didn't someone say he's the highest paid chairman or got the largest bonuses or something like that? He's the hired hatchet man employed to keep Spurs a lean mean business machine. I don't think any unpopularity will bother him greatly as he pockets yet another few million in bonuses. Look at Mike Ashley. He's had the toon fans on his back for years now. Unless results pick up, Poch will be out by Xmas & Levy will point to "performances on the pitch" yet again. The club will be a laughing stock again, but Levy will just keep the cash register ticking over. It's obvious we needed another striker, perhaps two. I can't imagine Poch will be happy with going into the season with one recognised striker. No manager would be. But he has to work within the financial structure of the club. & he is told what money there is to spend. I think selling Soldado was essential to balance any spending we may now see. Which for a club with CL aspirations stinks of a small club mentality. It's not like we are on the verge of administration

For the people who are overreacting to this defeat arguing that their reaction is justified because we have fucked up this way so many times.. this stat puts things into a bit of prospective:
. 'Spurs had won their last 74 Premier League home games when they had gone two goals ahead before this game' BBC

Is it a fantasy land? As far as I can see it some of us were realistic about the state we were in before the season opener. It's a piss poor position to have left ourselves in, the one striker situation alone has already cost us today at least. CB at DM; already working with makeshift personnel.

The fact is those that thought we were fine as-is or, it's acceptable to wait 3-4 games into the season with so many critical gaps or, just plain happy clappers have proved to be wrong to date. Accusing people of being smug 'I told you so' is the best they can come up with to deflect from their naivety or just general apathy about an incompetent failure on the part of the club.

I'm praying for a win at Leicester as I bet Sammy is, not hoping we lose to be even more right about us leaving ourselves bang in trouble - the fact is we were too close to trouble of our own making before kick off last week no matter what had happened. If we'd been 'lucky' enough to do better it doesn't change the huge risks we've taken.

Unfortunately I actually think we might have only 4pts max by the end of the month, I don't want us to have that few but I fear we may.
Yeah, you're right. All those people that thought we didn't need any signings were wrong, and you were absolutely correct. Unfortunately there are no people that thought we didn't need signings.Even Levy knows that we need signings. This is what is called a strawman argument, I know one of Sammy's favourite sayings. But what it actually means is when you accuse someone of thinking/saying something that they didn't say/think and then say that the results have proved that position incorrect. Find me someone who thinks that we dont need signings and we can all gang up on that person. Until then, just shut up with the 'told you so' bollocks. Its not fucking primary school. And especially don't do it two minutes after we have blown a victory. Otherwise you are likely to be called a melting little bitch.

The sad thing is that you cant praise someone and give them critique.

"I back the manager, but he is error prone" I 100% stand by that.

Whats your view? "I back the manager so hes my BFF xxxxxxxx"

Last week, as this week, both Levy and Poch share the blame.
Levy for not signing players we desperately need.
Poch for making bad decisions with the players he has got. It wasnt Pochs fault we dont have a striker.
But it wasnt Levys fault we took off Mason, and used Lamela instead of Alli.

You genuinely dont get it. laughable.

I admitted I was wrong about Mason in this very thread...you are so obsessed with wrong and right, its fucking tragic.

My solution was to sign a striker, winger and DM in time for the season start. Three key positions to improve the first team.
and what evidence do you have that Alli would have provided a better defensive option than Lamela? Foresight?

By your reasoning then, the 1st person to shout ' Iceberg ' on the Titanic should have hung his head in shame lol

It's pretty annoying when people twist opinions we all have at being happy at losing points. It's a lie that some use to their agenda. Usually to deflect some cross thread nonsense.

Typical constant abuse.

You using a crushing loss of points to push your sin bin agenda is prime troll underhanded snitch. I hope it backfires on you and you get binned. Using losses to settle your scores is your calling card and you take great pleasure in it. People can criticize lev without being a gooner. You spend 1000's of posts on other teams websites so perhaps you are the gooner.
Fuck off wanker cunt gooner maggot turd fucking CUNT

FUCK OFF CUNT

Kinda wierd how everyone is acting like this a defeat. Sure it was a crappy draw, but it could've been a lot worse. We could've got our best keeper red carded in a pathetic 2-2 draw at home. We could've lost 2-0 at home to a team that barely got promoted a few years ago. We could've been Sunderland.

Kinda wierd how everyone is acting like this a defeat. Sure it was a crappy draw, but it could've been a lot worse. We could've got our best keeper red carded in a pathetic 2-2 draw at home. We could've lost 2-0 at home to a team that barely got promoted a few years ago. We could've been Sunderland.

That first half was fantastic. There is hope.

Okay looking back at this game I think it's been the players fault first of all because they took the foot off the gas in the second half and that gave Stoke more confidence of going forward. The penalty was very unfortunate then we couldn't take control of the game and we conceded another.

We should expect these results though. Midtable clubs have improved massively this summer with quality players and they're not pushovers anymore. If we manage to keep our lead, because today it was the same old Spurs, then hopefully we can do better than the other top four teams.

Back
Top Bottom