Honoury yids: non spurs fans wishing us luck

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

July 25th so short preseason for us - thanks I'm old enough to remember European nights at wolves glad the younger ones are now having that opportunity.
In the European Cup before the likes of man city (1968) chelshit (1999!!!) liverpool (1964) and woolwich (1971) and us of course (just). I was among the 54,000 at White Hart Lane for our UEFA cup final in 72 (paxton seats). Also in later years drank in Mike Baileys pub in Charlton. He spoke highly of Spurs and Pat Jennings in particular.

July 25th so short preseason for us - thanks I'm old enough to remember European nights at wolves glad the younger ones are now having that opportunity.
Hope you are able to take the Europa in your stride, and it doesnt screw up your season (Burnley's first half of the season was really poor).

I remember those nights 1971/72 in the EUFA and League cups. Derek Dougan, John Richards, Phil Parkes. Proper football with wingers tearing up and down and crossing. And sorry to remind you of one of the best goals I've ever seen - Chivers turn and run from wide left and absolutely belting it in from way out.

Hope you are able to take the Europa in your stride, and it doesnt screw up your season (Burnley's first half of the season was really poor).

I remember those nights 1971/72 in the EUFA and League cups. Derek Dougan, John Richards, Phil Parkes. Proper football with wingers tearing up and down and crossing. And sorry to remind you of one of the best goals I've ever seen - Chivers turn and run from wide left and absolutely belting it in from way out.
Same WVJ. I did the early 70s games v Wolves at WHL and also went up for John Mcalles testimonial in 78 i think it was which was the first of many trips up there. John Richards was some striker.

This is gonna be an odd thread... for 364 days of the year, we seem to be one of the most hated clubs around...
yet for this one day alone... it seems fans are putting aside their usual hatred of us, in order to hope we beat the one club they seem to hate more!

I imagine most of the country will be feeling the same as Spurs fans will be when watching the Europa League final...
...in an ideal World, there would be a way for them both to lose... but in reality, you gotta pin your colours to one mast or the other!!

It's the age old conundrum, do you wanna get punched in the face, or the bollocks? Both are gonna hurt like fuckery... but the choice has to be made! ...one of them 'gets it'!!

This is gonna be an odd thread... for 364 days of the year, we seem to be one of the most hated clubs around...
yet for this one day alone... it seems fans are putting aside their usual hatred of us, in order to hope we beat the one club they seem to hate more!

I imagine most of the country will be feeling the same as Spurs fans will be when watching the Europa League final...
...in an ideal World, there would be a way for them both to lose... but in reality, you gotta pin your colours to one mast or the other!!

It's the age old conundrum, do you wanna get punched in the face, or the bollocks? Both are gonna hurt like fuckery... but the choice has to be made! ...one of them 'gets it'!!
I want every one to still hate us, maybe if we act like entitled pricks and start a few petitions it would help? :pritchardeyes:

Everyone seems to have forgotten our lovely little, resident Italian with his newspaper obsession.

fogueres fogueres take a bow and wish us luck.

:dierpochhug:
These days I am more discreet than usual because they are "your" days of glory and tension waiting for the final. Since there is no Juventus in the middle of course I prefer you to Liverpool !!

PS If you remember the rounds of CL well when everything seemed lost I said that Inter would have collapsed easily.

In the European Cup before the likes of man city (1968) chelshit (1999!!!) liverpool (1964) and woolwich (1971) and us of course (just). I was among the 54,000 at White Hart Lane for our UEFA cup final in 72 (paxton seats). Also in later years drank in Mike Baileys pub in Charlton. He spoke highly of Spurs and Pat Jennings in particular.
That final ! First of many football related broken hearts.

thanks for the reminder👍

These days I am more discreet than usual because they are "your" days of glory and tension waiting for the final. Since there is no Juventus in the middle of course I prefer you to Liverpool !!

PS If you remember the rounds of CL well when everything seemed lost I said that Inter would have collapsed easily.
Always a gentleman! Best of luck in finding a good manager that is not Poch.

That final ! First of many football related broken hearts.

thanks for the reminder👍
Yes Wolves were unlucky that night. We were forunate not to have lost a major final til 1974 against Feyenoord but the one that really grates was 1987 for me. Many heartbreaks since but fucking coventry....urrghh. Fair play to Wolves this season too, nice to have proper traditional clubs doing well. Best of luck next season too mate.

Back
Top Bottom