How are we pronouncing Slot?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Slot" or "Schlott"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Shadydan Shadydan , LeParisien LeParisien , Airfixx Airfixx , and Get in! Get in! (left to right) when The Fighting Cock "race for the Top 5" thread becomes "race for the Top Half " thread by February

E9YV4m.gif
Whereas what…you’ll be celebrating? Using it as further ammunition to talk about Levy all day long?

I think your bar for top 4 is too high.
Blame my expectations on our beloved chairman...oh wait 😉

Is Pope- Botman - Guimaraes - Wilson the spine of a top 4 side?
Well, seen as they've qualified for the CL, the answer is yes. But I know what you mean. On paper it doesn't look all that. But Pope has been (much) better than Hugo or Frase. Botman would be our best defender by a country mile, he makes Dier & Lenglet (even Romero though to a lesser degree) look like Isthmian League CB. Guimaraes is an unreal CM...even Bentancur doesn't get close to him. Wilson is no Kane, sure...not many strikers are. But he still does the job real well...I think our league position would be sensibly different had we signed him rather than Richy.

Is Ramsdale - Gabriel - Xhaka - Jesus?
I think Saliba is their real leader at the back. Same with Rapey Tom/Odegaard in the middle and Saka up front. But again, they're finishing second, having really pushed an incredible City, so they're doing something right (as much as it hurts to say it)

That spine is comfortably good enough in a well-coached, motivated side. We’re aiming for top 4 not champions league final.
I disagree. That spine gets nowhere near City, that's obvious. But even Woolwich, provided their season wasn't a fluke. Newcastle are here to stay and only gonna get stronger. United finding their mojo again under ETH...wait til they get loaded new owners too. Chelsea & Liverpool will come back from the dead.

Slot - if he is our next boss - gonna have to perform absolute miracles for us to even get top 5-6. He's got a weaker squad to begin with and he'll get nowhere near the cash our competitors will to reinforce the team.

Til there's real change at the top and we get rid of them players who've got so used to losing it don't hurt no more...then I'm afraid they'll be nothing comfortable about Spurs

I can't believe how quickly people jumped ship from this thread to the "have we appointed Arne Slot yet" thread

I vote Admin Admin merge them so we don't have to change between them every few minutes.

I can't believe how quickly people jumped ship from this thread to the "have we appointed Arne Slot yet" thread

I vote Admin Admin merge them so we don't have to change between them every few minutes.
The other thread title is more in keeping with the traditions of TFC. I'll lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom