How Long Do We Wait?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Redknapp has gone which is a big shame. But if the right manager comes in I think we can do better than what we have before.

How long exactly will someone get the job? Has Levy already arranged a sneaky manager that will blow us all away? Or is it going to be a long wait with a caretaker manager? (King? xD)?

Don't think the Vertonghen deal will fall through. Depends on the new manager.

Tottenham till I die, no matter what happens.

If it is Moyes I am sure his haters will fall away like when he joined Everton, since he called them 'the people's club' they all loved him. Now if he can say something similar we will all love him

Freudlyuchenko said:
If it is Moyes I am sure his haters will fall away like when he joined Everton, since he called them 'the people's club' they all loved him. Now if he can say something similar we will all love him

Unless Moyes has his usual shocking run up to Christmas....

What would be the preference here;

a) We appoint someone quickly and keep the ball rolling?

b) We wait untill the Euros are over and secure a 'big name' manager?

C) appoint one of the departing big euro names now so they have a job to go to once they finish up in poland/Ukraine :nawty:
damn you Freddy!! beat me to it by a few seconds! AAARG :parker:

Freudlyuchenko said:

"The Yiddo Club"??? just imagine...

1882 said:
Freudlyuchenko said:

"The Yiddo Club"??? just imagine...
I approve of this idea :cudicini:

Abbey Yid said:
I think we'll have a new manager by July 1st.

Gives them all of pre-season and the transfer window to sort things out.

If it's a 'Euro 2012' manager, then it will probably be sorted by the first week of July...

if it's not, then there's nothing preventing Levy for getting it done asap...

Moyes, Martinez would jump at the chance, but is that what we want? The main problem I had with Pav (albeit at a player level') was that he just seemed 'pleased to be here' which isn't enough...

I want our next manager to play hard to get a little... it's a two-way thing, and we need to prove ourselves as much to them as they need to impress us!

Freudlyuchenko said:
MKYid said:

c) We appoint a big name manager now

Big name manager doesn't mean it will work out. I'd rather have the right man than a big name living on past reputation.

Who is the right man? I'm not sure, but I think Levy might have an idea.

Eskimo said:
Freudlyuchenko said:

Unless Moyes has his usual shocking run up to Christmas....

This, fucking fickle Spurs fans will be all over him is he has one of his Evrton starts to the season and the Scum spank us (like Pool regularly bums Everton).

MKYid said:

NOW

Unless the deal for a guy at the Euros is already done

Those were all mid-season changes though. I think Levy will take a little bit of time to make sure, not worth rushing just yet.

Very true. Hadn't considered that.

Given the length of time between the end of season and Harry actually going I would assume Levy had someone lined up. Or at least a shortlist drawn up. Especially given the speculation there's been for months.

You would think he's too shrewd to have got rid of Harry and now be starting from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom