How many truly World Class players do you think we have?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

9zqb13.jpg

:vert:

Levy? One of the best negotiators in the world. Agree to pay 12 for Lloris, ends up paying 8. Levy is world class at what he does. That's assuming we're talking about the whole club.

I define world class as being in the top 3 at your position during your playing career. Bale, i think, falls into that category. Lloris, i think, falls right outside (Casillas, Neuer, Hart). I think Lloris falls with Buffon, (do to his drop-off because of the age) and Cech.

Levy? One of the best negotiators in the world. Agree to pay 12 for Lloris, ends up paying 8. Levy is world class at what he does. That's assuming we're talking about the whole club.

I define world class as being in the top 3 at your position during your playing career. Bale, i think, falls into that category. Lloris, i think, falls right outside (Casillas, Neuer, Hart). I think Lloris falls with Buffon, (do to his drop-off because of the age) and Cech.
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!

1345834178446.jpg

Listing the top 3 keepers in the world right now. Casillas, Neuer are top 2, then Hart is number 3. Hart is WC. Who, outside of Casillas and Neuer are better?
The fact you say "right now" only serves to discredit your argument even further, he's not having the best of seasons. Always seems to parry a shot in the wrong direction.

Buffon is better than him.

The fact you say "right now" only serves to discredit your argument even further, he's not having the best of seasons. Always seems to parry a shot in the wrong direction.

Buffon is better than him.

Hart isn't having his best season, but a little bit less then his normal is still very, very good, arguably WC still. I put Hart as the third GK now, so i take Hart.

I reckon Hart isn't in the top 3 keepers in the league, never mind the world. I'd take Cech, Lloris, Reina (yes, even Reina), Adler, Valdes and probably more I can't be fucked to think of right now over him.

Lloris has consistently been better than Hart since before he came to use. It's genuinely not about him being a Spurs player, because I'm not sure he's top 3 in the world either, but I don't think for a second hart is up there.

To me world class is the top 5-10 players in their position in the world.

So I'd say Bale and Lloris. Maybe, very maybe Sandro. I think he's very underrated.

When it comes to the goalkeepers, (sometimes) it's very hard to tell just how good they really are.
I feel like most often than not at least half of the credit they receive should go to the defenders.
Hart is a good example of that. Ever since Mancini started experimenting with the defence line, Hart looks dreadful.

There is three players in our time that I go wow at and always end up saying they are 'so, so good'. That's Bale, Lloris and Sandro and on his day Dembele.

Back
Top Bottom