How old is our current logo?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The current design has not dated at all, it still looks fresh and dynamic, but still retains our history and traditions. Sometimes it's ok to leave things alone.

MzPLtdp.png
There are some missing from this list (ETA a couple of additional images from Historical Football Kits, which appear to contradict other sources):

crest-1921.gif

crest-1930.gif

1921-1951

latest

1951-1966

latest

crest-1967.gif

1967-1983

latest

1983-1995

latest

1995-1997

latest

1997-1999
latest

1999-2006

latest

2006 - Present

Last edited:
Bloody hell no midweek game and the “How old is our logo?” thread becomes top discussion

Go outside you idiots there is nothing to talk about!!

I actually like the 97-99 crest, it has a regal feel to it
I have a story about that Crest...

In 1995 I wrote to PONY and suggested a few ideas for future kits... (I was probably too old to ever enter into the world of designing, plus I couldn't draw for shit... but knew what I had in mind, so thought I'd have a go and send them a letter...)

Anyway, 2 of the various things I suggested, was an away/3rd kit that gave a nod to one of our earliest Chocolate & Gold kits... they didn't go with that one...

But another suggestion was the subtle change of badge on all the kits to incorporate the shape and design of the Club shield, that (at the time) I remember used to be 'stuck' to the front of the East & West Stand rooves!

I thought no more about it... then, Lo and behold... a season and a half later; BINGO!

I dunno how much my suggestion influenced their final decision, but I like to think I played my little part in our mid-late 90s Badge/Shield.... if only for a season or two... 'cos the football we played in it was atrocious at times! Mind you... we won the League Cup with THAT Shield on our chest!

I still have a copy of the original typed letter ...I do believe I cut out and sent them a picture of the shield I was thinking of, from an old football magazine! (Mainly 'cos I couldn't draw it... imagine not just being able to 'Google image' it?)

True story that!

I like the current logo the best, just wish they had the THFC symbol inside the ball.

The older logos always look a bit gaudy and over the top.

Our current logo is already 12 years old and I reckon it's time for a change. Something like Juve's logo would be nice:

juventus-logo-design-graphics-football_heroc-852x479.jpg
Not sure I agree with this mate. I love Juventus' new identity (from a graphic design perspective) and am surprised it received such a lukewarm reception. But I actually think they followed our lead in creating what you might describe as a lifestyle-type brand rather than a purely sports brand.

Our simple monochrome design is perfect, in my opinion. Hard to see how to simplify it too much further without replacing the cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom