Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Keeper makes a save shocker"

The biggest pish ever posted is the line "Saves us more than he lets in". That's the basic job of a goalkeeper. If he let in more than he saves, he wouldn't be a footballer.
200.webp

And yet it's amazing how many managers do appoint keepers as captains. Look at the number of keepers who have been International captains, as well as those club captains. Hmmm - maybe managers know more about their players than you do? Who'd have thought it.

Good point but different.

And the reason why is that at international level many or some of the other players are already captains of their club sides.

In other words they need less chivvying or leading.

Lloris should not be our captain, mostly because he does not lead by example or the front or even exude calm.

Poch today on Hugo:

"He is my captain and one of the best keepers in the world. No doubt. Always we talk when someone missed in front of the goal the last touch, in that case it was a little bit unlucky for him and the lack of reaction from our players."

"No doubt Hugo is one of the best and will be in goal tomorrow. It's a situation that is so painful and we deserved more. We have to be strong and back our players. Hugo was so important for us over 5 years and is one of the most important players for the future of the club."

I'm just a little tired of the guy now and would like to see a change - or at least see him dropped for a bit as he needs a kick up the arse. His kicking has always been shocking, but far too many keeping errors lately.

I think we have to ask ourselves:

Does he honestly fill you with confidence these days?
And have his performances improved or declined over recent years?

For me it's a resounding no to both.

I'm just a little tired of the guy now and would like to see a change - or at least see him dropped for a bit as he needs a kick up the arse. His kicking has always been shocking, but far too many keeping errors lately.
He needs to make many more mistakes before Poch even starts thinking about benching him.

"Keeper makes a save shocker"

The biggest pish ever posted is the line "Saves us more than he lets in". That's the basic job of a goalkeeper. If he let in more than he saves, he wouldn't be a footballer.
So, on that basis Harry shouldn't be praised for scoring goals.

That's the basic job of a forward.

Hugo is a liability no two ways about it

He’ll win you a game as easy as he’ll cost you one

At Anfield Toby was running back with a player bearing down on him...there was a simple back pass on to Lloris. He chose to turn to the side and just boot it out for a throw in rather than give it to Lloris.

Spoke volumes

Are you genuinely asking where the evidence is that Pochettino is extremely close to Lloris? Christ almighty man do you actually support Spurs
No, who are they?
I understand why he sticks by him, I've seen what he can do, but I have also been watching football for a long time and like puppies, footballers grow old and slow up and become less capable of catching balls.

Hugo is a liability no two ways about it

He’ll win you a game as easy as he’ll cost you one

At Anfield Toby was running back with a player bearing down on him...there was a simple back pass on to Lloris. He chose to turn to the side and just boot it out for a throw in rather than give it to Lloris.

Spoke volumes
A liability? You have so little respect for our players

Back
Top Bottom