Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fantastic keeper for us during his pomp!

Still can’t quite forgive him essentially abandoning the team at half time during they newcastle game! One of the worst things you can do as a sportsman is to essentially throw in the towel and let the others take a beating

Still can’t quite forgive him essentially abandoning the team at half time during they newcastle game! One of the worst things you can do as a sportsman is to essentially throw in the towel and let the others take a beating
Nah. If that’s the only thing smudging his legacy then he did ok. I was more upset by his drink drive antics. I don’t think he was ever quite commanding of respect of his team mates after that episode.
Still I would echo that we were honoured to have a World Cup winning captain and a great goalkeeper within our ranks for so long. God Speed Hugo. And thank you very much for all the great memories.

Nah. If that’s the only thing smudging his legacy then he did ok. I was more upset by his drink drive antics. I don’t think he was ever quite commanding of respect of his team mates after that episode.
Still I would echo that we were honoured to have a World Cup winning captain and a great goalkeeper within our ranks for so long. God Speed Hugo. And thank you very much for all the great memories.
I’ve got friends who have been done for drink-driving. I don’t think any less of them as a result.

Maybe if it happened more than once I would change my view. But I don’t see any less in Lloris legacy about this one issue. Not to say I am condoning drink-driving.

Lloris has been a fantastic servant for the club. I’m pretty sure he became captain when his contract was running down, we were a bit rubbish (pre-Poch?), PSG were circling and we got him to sign a new contract with captaincy included. In my view, goalkeepers should never be captain but that isn’t Lloris fault.

I remember thinking at the time that PSG were circling and his contract was running down “we are stuffed without Lloris”. Fortunately he signed a new contract and gave us many years service where he was one of our few star players.

Thankyou Hugo! some of us remember when you were one of the first sweeper-keepers and just about the best there was!

Agree with this, also the drink driving blemished him too IMO.

Great servant, shouldn't be called a legend. Wish him all the best.

Back
Top Bottom