If basketball was more like football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm watching the Magic lose tonight and it's got be thinking about what football would be like if it was a bit more like basketball. The Magic are in turmoil as our best player wants the coach fired and the coach told the media this the other day. During the game at the end of the first quarter the coach was asked about this and during a timeout the General Manager was asked about it. Also as half time a player was interviewed.

Just imagine the bin dippers were playing and KKKenny was asked how the game was going when they were losing and Comolli was asked about his signings when a player was down injured, or if a player was pissed off with a bad decision and was interviewed when walking off at half time.

I apologise if this doesn't make sense or is rubbish as I've been drinking

They do it in the F.A. Cup on ITV. Pretty fucking annoying really, a team concedes and the manager says "oh yeah, that was poor defending from us there, I will have to sort that out"

But sometimes I guess it could be funny, especially winding up the right people (Mancini, the paedophile, Dalglish etc.)

I've long maintained that pro-basketball needs an off-sides rule. It would be fucking hilarious to watch for at least a season or two of transition, and would put a lot of emphasis back on team play and defending.

Back
Top Bottom