If Spurs were to buy suarez, is it wrong that I don't think I'd support the club anymore?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not an idiot. I know how shareholdings work.

He does not own Spurs. You said it yourself.

ENIC only owns 85% of Spurs. And Levy only owns 29% of ENIC.

You'll get there in the end mate.

So all in he owns 25% of the club. Agreed?

So every banking 100m of bale money would earn him a cool 25m not withstanding any dividends he and joe chose to pay themselves in the meantime.

So all in he owns 25% of the club. Agreed?

So every banking 100m of bale money would earn him a cool 25m not withstanding any dividends he and joe chose to pay themselves in the meantime.
Technically, he owns only just over a quarter of the holding company that owns Spurs, so he hasn't even got a controlling stake in ENIC.

And, anyway, you said:
...every pound that goes into the club goes in his sky rocket.
Nope.

No Enic does......of which he is a major shareholder. You'll get there in the end mate.
Soooo, he is minority shareholder, not a major shareholder at all. And so what you say still doesn't hold true, he has a shareholding in a company that has an 85% stake in the club.

which of course is only ever worth anything if they either pay themselves dividends or they sell up at a greater amount than the investment. This of course all depends on whether his shareholding has any conditions attached to it which may preclude him from doing so.

so really in this case: b = 0.85 x 0.29 a,

Think you need to go back and resit you sats before declaring yourself good with numbers.

Nothing would stop me supporting the club, although we have had some incidents that have made me cringe and not particularly proud (the way we dealt with Martin Jol as the biggest recent example). I really think that Suarez is a pretty disgusting human being and I wouldn't want him to taint our lillywhite shirts. Unfortunately he is one of the best EPL players at the moment, and think he is good enough to make us at least a Top 3/trophy winning side, but I still wouldn't want him at the club - you've got to stick to your principles. I would hate it if he went to that lot down the road, as that would be a total disaster for us.

I don't know that Suarez going to scum would be a total disaster for us, but it would improve their team for sure. I hope he goes to Madrid.
If he did join us with our other signings (including a CB, one assumes) and keeping bale then we'd be good for a genuine title shot IMO. But I'd hate to win something with that cunt. I'd rather wait a bit longer.

Is he really THAT good? Impressive stats, but Ive never watched Suarez and thought "What a player"

Usually I think "If he wasnt so intent on cheating, being selfish, winding up opponents and flailing around - if he focused on his game and tried to be a genuine sportsman - he could really be something"

Ultimately I think as a player he is a disappointment. And those failings are entirely down to his attitude, which his many high profile "moments" go to show isnt for changing.

Needs to many chances to score. iirc scores more against dross than anyone (Norwich especially!). Little positional discipline. Selfish. Would rather win via cheating than genuine sporting excellence.. it goes on.

On the flip side he is extremely skillfull, has good vision and can lead/carry a team. A real contradiction of a player.

Ultimately, IMO, COULD be incredible, but isnt and never will be.

BRFeZo4CEAABLg7.jpg

Gareth is possibly the only player in my living memory that has this intermittent cancerous habit of needlessly or over theatrically going to ground. For all his talent why ? It grates me & I hate that type of player that simulates, the nannies & plastic ronaldo's of the world. I can't see any talent for the cheating. And that's why I hate manure, you have to be a certain sort of cnut to play for that team & whisky nose. It starts from him downwards throughout the club. schumacher, biggest cheat in F1 ever. Ferrari are the manure of F1, they don't want it to be a sport.

And that's why I don't want suarez, ever. If a penny was spent on him I'd be livid. I'd rather be mid table bindipper territory in the league than be higher because he's donned the lillywhite shirt - fook dat !

Back
Top Bottom