If Spurs were to buy suarez, is it wrong that I don't think I'd support the club anymore?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we signed Suarez, I would not only still support Spurs, I'd support Suarez as well, but only on the pitch. He's a fantastic player, but he's still a cunt. I wouldn't support him off the pitch, but I will support anybody in our shirt on the pitch, no matter how cunty he is.

And c*nty post of the year award goes to.....
Fine by me, but in light of the financial upheaval of the last several years I don't think it's shameful that some people are paying more attention to financial prudence.

Just sorry that those sensibilities are still utterly absent from your profession, where it's needed most of all.

And, if Spurs are serious about building a new ground, it's probably a good idea to wipe away some of that debt, before we load the books up with more of it.

Fine by me, but in light of the financial upheaval of the last several years I don't think it's shameful that some people are paying more attention to financial prudence.

Just sorry that those sensibilities are still utterly absent from your profession, where it's needed most of all.

And, if Spurs are serious about building a new ground, it's probably a good idea to wipe away some of that debt, before we load the books up with more of it.
It was only the training ground that put us into debt, which is about £45m. We have until 2024 to pay it off. I don't think there is a rush to clear it and, to me, it makes more sense to push ahead with the new stadium as the sooner that is built the more match day revenue there will be to help discharge debt.

Our debt is much, much lower than the other big premier league sides. Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea, City and Man U all have debts in the hundreds of millions.

It was only the training ground that put us into debt, which is about £45m. We have until 2024 to pay it off. I don't think there is a rush to clear it and, to me, it makes more sense to push ahead with the new stadium as the sooner that is built the more match day revenue there will be to help discharge debt.

Our debt is much, much lower than the other big premier league sides. Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea, City and Man U all have debts in the hundreds of millions.
Agreed, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

I don't think Suarez will be allowed to leave this summer, he is too important to Liverpool. Without him they can't even give the illussion of competing for a top four spot.
I think when they finish sixth this next season though then they will have to sell him. If Suarez had a good season (i.e. lots of goals and no suspensions, no antics - yeah I know, it's probably imposible) then would that change anybodies view?

If I had that kind of money as lose change I would pay it lol

We're fans, it's up to us to push for signings. Not to pay off the labs debt...give levy an inch...remember, every pound that goes into the club goes in his sky rocket.
pretty sure that isn't true.

Otherwise a = b; where a is the income of the club and b is Levy's salary.

Whereas we all know that;

86f29dd472e9c009dc324ec6c161d367.png

where the club needs to pay for it's ongoing OpEx, as well as funding transfers and development work.

It's just basic maths.

I appreciate the sentiment that purchasing suarez would make me feel a little less engaged with the club.
I would still support it, mostly because I couldn't not do so.
But I personally value integrity when seeking achievement.

pretty sure that isn't true.

Otherwise a = b; where a is the income of the club and b is Levy's salary.

Whereas we all know that;

86f29dd472e9c009dc324ec6c161d367.png

where the club needs to pay for it's ongoing OpEx, as well as funding transfers and development work.

It's just basic maths.

Levy owns the club. Anything the club makes and doesnt spend goes on the balance sheet adding to its value.
When levy sells the club he will take said money and walk away with it.

Its basic economics, ya getme

Back
Top Bottom