I'm calling it now

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I couldn't give a rats arse about top 4 or the CL..i want a trophy to celebrate...just hope and pray that our manager takes the fa cup seriously

I don't think you quite understand how the coefficient system works - it's calculated on the Association's performance over the past 5 seasons

UEFA coefficient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia combined

I know how it works cheers. Without looking at the figures I was assuming your surprise that England was still ahead of Italy after the games last night.

Anyway, two wins tonight for the English. Lets hope there is at least one tomorrow.

I was quoting you not because I disagreed with what you were saying, just wanted to expand on it. I have seen the score and yes it's very close.

Member associations - UEFA rankings - Country coefficients – UEFA.com

England is going to lose the 15.250 score they posted in 11/12 while Italy will have their 11.357 score wiped out. When you look at the 19 points Italy had last year it's alarming. This year is going to be crucial, and the fact that England only have 6/8 teams left while Italy has 5/6 is going to play a huge part, because whatever points English teams gain (which they aren't even doing right now!) with the 6 teams they have left will be divided by 8.

edit: Sorry the 15.250 and 11.357 scores will be wiped out next season. I thought the chart went back 6 years at first glance.

Member associations - UEFA rankings - Country coefficients – UEFA.com

This one shows the scores that England stand to lose. It looks even worse.

England do have the added benefit of 4 teams in the champions league compared to Italy's two.

There are bonus points for qualifying for the group / out of the group / past the last 16 etc.

These bonus points do not come into play in the Europa until the quarter finals... However Woolwich and Chelsea are doing their best to fuck it all up.

The Italian teams are not playing too well also... Only Juve (2 wins) and Napoli have won a game so far in the groups.

England do have the added benefit of 4 teams in the champions league compared to Italy's two.

There are bonus points for qualifying for the group / out of the group / past the last 16 etc.

These bonus points do not come into play in the Europa until the quarter finals... However Woolwich and Chelsea are doing their best to fuck it all up.

The Italian teams are not playing too well also... Only Juve (2 wins) and Napoli have won a game so far in the groups.
Spam & S'ton didn't help the cause either...a very 'unpatriotic' exit by both clubs.

Yeah, Lazio going out of the CL in the qualifying rounds didn't help the Italian case, but they'll still score co-efficient points from the Europa. Overall, Italian clubs aren't doing any better than us this season in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom