In Search of Kane's Replacement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Luka Jovic might be worth a punt. It's not happened for him over the last year or two since his big money move but is clearly a very good striker. Just needs to find the right club and some confidence.

Luka Jovic might be worth a punt. It's not happened for him over the last year or two since his big money move but is clearly a very good striker. Just needs to find the right club and some confidence.

I wouldn't go near him with a barge pole, we should not be signing players who have already flopped at better clubs. We need hungry players without baggage.

I wouldn't go near him with a barge pole, we should not be signing players who have already flopped at better clubs. We need hungry players without baggage.

I don't think we should feel like we're in a position where we can say no to any player who's gone to a club and it not worked out for whatever reason myself.

I don't think we should feel like we're in a position where we can say no to any player who's gone to a club and it not worked out for whatever reason myself.

When we are replacing Kane we absolutely have to. We cannot gamble on a flop from another team to replace the best striker in the world.

It's not like Jovic has just been disappointing, he has been a mega-flop. Totally crumbled under the expectations at Real and stepping into Kane's shoes will be just as tough.

When we are replacing Kane we absolutely have to. We cannot gamble on a flop from another team to replace the best striker in the world.

It's not like Jovic has just been disappointing, he has been a mega-flop. Totally crumbled under the expectations at Real and stepping into Kane's shoes will be just as tough.

arriving at Real Madrid and Spurs are two very different things. Im not saying Jovic is the answer but I’m sure he wouldn’t crumble under the pressure of playing for Spurs at the present moment.

arriving at Real Madrid and Spurs are two very different things. Im not saying Jovic is the answer but I’m sure he wouldn’t crumble under the pressure of playing for Spurs at the present moment.
Jimmy Greaves would struggle to get into double figures with a midfield platform of Winks, Sissoko and PEH - shitcunts. If the kid can’t score goals at Real, he’s got no chance here

He had no chance there because if Benzema

If you cannot afford to buy the best striker in Europe, why would you be silly enough to sell the best Striker in Europe ?

………oh yeah :levyeyes:

Well it won’t be Patson Daka sold to Leicester for just 22 million (in today’s market a bargain)

Wtf is going on
Where was big shot Mr Paratici on that deal?

Daka is going take the premier league by storm disappointed it will be with Leicester city but will be a good watch.

Of course, Spurs cannot replace Kane should he leave (and I understand if he does want to leave - but that another discussion).
I see these players as realistic targets

Dusan Vlahovic
Luka Jovic (he's got talent but not sure how much of a "bump" his stint at Real Madrid have had)
Donyell Malen
Myron Badou
Jonathan David
Aleksander Isak ( I know he just extended his contract with Real Sociedad)
Kasper Dolberg (no, not because of the Euros)

Of course, Spurs cannot replace Kane should he leave (and I understand if he does want to leave - but that another discussion).
I see these players as realistic targets

Dusan Vlahovic
Luka Jovic (he's got talent but not sure how much of a "bump" his stint at Real Madrid have had)
Donyell Malen
Myron Badou
Jonathan David
Aleksander Isak ( I know he just extended his contract with Real Sociedad)
Kasper Dolberg (no, not because of the Euros)

All of them are levels below Harry sadly. I used to think Dolberg was awful but he has looked a decent player in these Euros. Out of those listed I think David would be the best signing potentially, though he's a completely different type of player to Kane. The only thing Jovic has proven so far is that he can score goals in a very mediocre league.

Back
Top Bottom