In your lifetime-Will Tottenham win the EPL...?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, you're criticizing something that has not yet come to pass. Very pessimistic
I know Spurs fans and I know football fans in general. I also have been to enough games over the years to know that there's always a contingent of moaners in the ground. Plus, you forget that people are moaning endlessly about Wembley. So do you think I am being pessimistic for the sake of it? Or do you think my pessimism is informed by something?

I know Spurs fans and I know football fans in general. I also have been to enough games over the years to know that there's always a contingent of moaners in the ground. Plus, you forget that people are moaning endlessly about Wembley. So do you think I am being pessimistic for the sake of it? Or do you think my pessimism is informed by something?
Just saying why he picked your post

No .
We have a manager that is capable but owners that will always restrict , new stadium or not . City and Chavs with their corrupt endless cash spirall will pick up 80% silverware . If we could pay 200,000 a week they will pay £400,000..
Sadly we will remain the "Nearly Men "
I am happy with an occasional trophy but even that has diminished with the corrupt twos greed for success.
Maybe a few decades of bought achchiement and eventual disinterest by the buying public may change the status quo.

I have accepted we are not a modern day title winning team so I don't expect titles.
But I think we should be doing a bit better with the domestic cups.

I bloomin' hope so!!!!! I reckon I've got another 10 years or so of going to live games, God willing, but I don't think it will happen in the next year or two. Think it may need Poch to build another side as not sure how many of the current side we will be able to hang onto.

Don't count on that. There will be a contingent moaning that it isn't really WHL and is "soulless" because of it's large capacity.
Sure, maybe. And I know you're being sarcastic, but...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they keep most of what was great at WHL? Aren't the fans still going to be extremely close to the action, unlike at Wembley? Didn't they specially design the acoustics with the crowd in mind?

For me this season it's not about winning the league but retaining our CL spot for next season, if we can do that with the prospect of moving into the new stadium existing and potential players should be excited. If we drop out of the top four it's going to be a testing time. I believe this season with be the most difficult one to date as other teams have heavily invested and pundits will be expecting stuff from us. Luckily a few other teams aren't flying at the moment, Liverpool, Chelsea, Woolwich have all struggled. Man City are doing well and Manu are scraping through but haven't really played anyone of note yet.

What keeps me positive is the fact Victor, Rose and Lamella are yet to come back, in a month we could be shaping up a very different way with lots more options on the bench. The new boys will take another few weeks to settle in.

To be honest, I never thought we'd be in the position we are now. If you had asked me 5 years ago I would have said no. Now though I can see it as a possibility especially as we have kept going deep into the season.

So yes I think we can win it, as to when well that's another thing entirely...

Back
Top Bottom