Infantino - The baldest of bald frauds

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Women's World Cup blackout in Europe: Fifa boss Infantino wants more money for rights​

Fifa president Gianni Infantino says it would be "a pity" if they had to impose a broadcast blackout in Europe's top five football nations for this year's Women's World Cup. Infantino says they "will not sell these rights at under-valued prices" and wants broadcasters - including those who are publicly funded - to bid more money.

Absolutely ridiculous, you can't artificially inflate the prices commercial organisations will pay to broadcast the games.

Absolutely ridiculous, you can't artificially inflate the prices commercial organisations will pay to broadcast the games.

Absolute cunt.......... Just what the women's game needs..... This greedy parasite putting the squeeze on the product the moment it starts to gain traction.

Absolute cunt.......... Just what the women's game needs..... This greedy parasite putting the squeeze on the product the moment it starts to gain traction.

It's because he's promised to begin to level up the players fees (to win votes)

But the commercial element isn't anywhere near there......so any increase is coming out of Fifa's profits

We need football administrators to be honest about women's football

It's great that football is so successful that it can subsidise a neglected part of the game, but let's stop pretending we are even close to a conversation about equal pay. It's not even yet at a point where they should be full time professionals.

It's because he's promised to begin to level up the players fees (to win votes)

But the commercial element isn't anywhere near there......so any increase is coming out of Fifa's profits

Greed and self-congratulatory optics > practical sense...... Well I never. 🙄

We need football administrators to be honest about women's football

It's great that football is so successful that it can subsidise a neglected part of the game, but let's stop pretending we are even close to a conversation about equal pay. It's not even yet at a point where they should be full time professionals.

There's more than enough wealth in the men's game to prop up the women's game whilst it continues to grow.......... Players, clubs, advertisers, FIFA/EUFA, the leagues are all coining it in but somehow the only perceivable way for any bill to be 'foot' is to pass everything down to the fans, TV audiences etc.

Greed is the problem, not long-term sustainability.

There's more than enough wealth in the men's game to prop up the women's game whilst it continues to grow.......... Players, clubs, advertisers, FIFA/EUFA, the leagues are all coining it in but somehow the only perceivable way for any bill to be 'foot' is to pass everything down to the fans, TV audiences etc.

Greed is the problem, not long-term sustainability.
WSL Season tickets are £60!
To watch Manu women at home will set you back £6. And people say they should have wage parity with the men?
The Women's game should grow at its own pace not force fed and subsidised unsustainable.

WSL Season tickets are £60!
To watch Manu women at home will set you back £6. And people say they should have wage parity with the men?
The Women's game should grow at its own pace not force fed and subsidised unsustainable.

I didn't claim nor intend to imply that the women should have parity in terms of wages.....

Rewind to the point about Infantino's promises that's his own fucking fault..... If he wants to virtue signal over WC pay in such a manner then him and his cronies can foot the fucking bill. The reach of the women's world cup coverage suffering instead only serves to inhibit the growth of the women's game and it being able to eventually stand on it's own to feet and be more organically profitable for those that take part.

I can't speak for other countries, but lets not pretend that if the FA hadn't treated the women's game so appallingly for decades then current female pros would already be earning a lot more than they do now.

Last edited:
I can't speak for other countries, but lets not pretend that if the FA hadn't treated the women's game so appallingly for decades then current female pros would already be earning a lot more than they do now.

I don't think they would - I think we are near to the peak of the women's game in England

It certainly can't be pushed any harder by the BBC, etc

I didn't claim nor intend to imply that the women should have parity in terms of wages.....

Rewind to the point about Infantino's promises that's his own fucking fault..... If he wants to virtue signal over WC pay in such a manner then him and his cronies can foot the fucking bill. The reach of the women's world cup coverage suffering instead only serves to inhibit the growth of the women's game and it being able to eventually stand on it's own to feet and be more organically profitable for those that take part.

I've been saying for a while that women's football would get much larger attendances if it was played in the summer when no other footie is on.

Of course that won't happen because of equality issues.

GFhLiPeXoAAge2j

I’m assuming this was the same show we just had here across the pond. It was so cringey and just plain hard to watch. Like Kevin Hart, Kim Kardashian and others who clearly know absolutely nothing about the World Cup trying to have a conversation with him. Who thought this was a good idea?

And when Cafu started speaking in Portuguese about the 1994 WC and penalties was the cherry on top. No one else there knew what he was saying, probably none of them watched it and it was maybe the worst possible “entertainment”. Just a train wreck.

It's funny how this man has now become the most hated who took over Blatter who was equally as hated, tells you what type of organisation FIFA are an old boys network, if this guy gets voted out all they're going to do is replace him with another puppet.

View: https://x.com/RobHarris/status/1754246448344973661?s=20

Another overly long World Cup which will take up so much of the summer there is no time for players to get a proper preseason, nor clubs to train tactics together.

And that means players are in danger of picking up injuries.

And the transfer window needs to be over and done by start of July as you cant divert players away from WC.

Just ridiculous to have qualifying rounds AND a 48 country world cup. Given the number of qualifying rounds WC should be no more than say 24 countries - far shorter and allows players and clubs to have a proper pre-season

Just shows how incompetent FIFA really is - and totally about maximising tv revenues ..... yet other than more corruption, pretty much nothing else to spend money on.

It's funny how this man has now become the most hated who took over Blatter who was equally as hated, tells you what type of organisation FIFA are an old boys network, if this guy gets voted out all they're going to do is replace him with another puppet.
Same with the fella at UEFA, who I thought sounded quite sound when first appointed but now he’s trying to get the serving limit changed so he can go for another term despite pledging he would not do it.

Back
Top Bottom