Is a league cup final worth it?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed. I want that cup. Sod spiting Mourinho. That's a waste of a wish. We've been served up gruel this past couple of months and a trophy or two will be exceptionally welcome and reinsert some belief. Right this moment we're looking flimsy and Narcissus is finally looking into the pond and seeing the reflection of an ageing arrogant tit who needs to start rubbing a lamp rather than himself. Win the league cup and the ripples will go some way to firing us up. Win the Europa and the psychological lift will be big.

I don't give a fuck about short-term Mourinho. I do give a shit about our club, our players, us. We need this.
I agree it would be great but I only think about the cost.

Let's say we win it. End up 9th (for arguments sake) based on resting players for the almighty Cup Final.

Jose walks. "I always deliver". "I'm sad". "The club is in a better place"

I don't have too many years left so I'll take the fucking Spurs identity in glorious failure than this shit.

I'll take the league cup and him going at the end of the season. Regardless of where we finish in the league and what happens in the EL/FA Cup.

Because i can't face watching this man's style of football for another year.

I'll take the league cup and him going at the end of the season. Regardless of where we finish in the league and what happens in the EL/FA Cup.

Because i can't face watching this man's style of football for another year.

I probably agree with this, seen too many good players pass through this club without winning anything.

I need to see Kane, Son, Hugo, Toby, Lucas and hopefully Dele win something. Already gutted Jan left empty handed.

Are we really not gonna have a shot of beating MC if we don't retain Jose? I honestly can't see it making much of a difference...

Winning a Cup is winning a Cup.... it's a nice thing to do, and something to celebrate.
But the Cup isn't the league (that's why they are separate competitions!!)

Win the Cup, and you've won a cup... it has no bearing on the League, or race for 4th... or anything else... it's a Cup, a Trophy that's there to be won.
There are only two teams that can win the League Cup this season... and we're one of them.

That'll do for now, eh? Until Cup Final day!

Let's focus on Sunday, and what we can do to address this shocking league form of ours first!

Ironically, I'm glad the Final isn't this month... 'cos we're shocking right now... at least April gives us a few months to sort ourselves out!

It's a messy question and there's a lot of other alternatives around it.

Will I be happy if we lose the cup final and finish 8th? Of course not. If we win the cup final, finish 6th or 7th and at least secure Europa for next season? Yes that'd be good enough. Doubt it'll keep Kane and/or Son at the club though.

I still have a nagging feeling we may somehow stumble and shithouse our way to the Europa League trophy this season too.

It's a messy question and there's a lot of other alternatives around it.

Will I be happy if we lose the cup final and finish 8th? Of course not. If we win the cup final, finish 6th or 7th and at least secure Europa for next season? Yes that'd be good enough. Doubt it'll keep Kane and/or Son at the club though.

I still have a nagging feeling we may somehow stumble and shithouse our way to the Europa League trophy this season too.
I think the point I was getting at is a season of shite boring to watch football worth it if we end up winning the Carabaro cup, but nothing else , is winning a cup so important to us, now I know beggars can’t be choosers and we haven’t won fuck all in years , but In this season of all seasons we are unlikely to even get an away day out of getting to the final and will have to make do with watching it on tv! For me I don’t think it’s worth it , I won’t be happy if we carry on this poor form till the end of the season , finish outside the top 4 and end up with no CL again next season .

Back
Top Bottom