Is it time for Hugo Lloris to be removed from the first team?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it time for Hugo Lloris to be removed from the THFC first team

• Yes

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
So good that you can see things that don’t exist :mourglasses:
Me and 25 others then.

Just the 4 regime enthusiasts, who have been promised a pint of Beavertown for their compliance, that disagree.

80.6% is some margin.

You will need to rally the troops to skew this one.

I really wanted to see what the supporters actually think about this issue.

It's just mad that Lloris is still getting into this struggling team playing these tactics.

It's self sabotage.

Me and 25 others then.

Just the 4 regime enthusiasts, who have been promised a pint of Beavertown for their compliance, that disagree.

80.6% is some margin.

You will need to rally the troops to skew this one.

I really wanted to see what the supporters actually think about this issue.

It's just mad that Lloris is still getting into this struggling team playing these tactics.

It's self sabotage.
80.6% of people think that Levy inserted a clause into Lloris’ contract saying he has to play?

I don’t remember that poll. Shall I set it up?

If I see the expression " fantastic servant" used for players who no other top club ever wanted to buy, I'll fucking explode.

"Exceptional wage thief" would be more appropriate for these players. Hopefully Hugo remembers to get a taxi home after his leaving do.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Harsh............................... but fair, IMO.

So? He was quality prior to those five years and arguably world class
I'm being completely honest when I say that I have never been a Hugo fanboy.

I could gladly have seen the back of him after AVB was sacked.

The heavy defeats against Man City and Liverpool way back when were enough for me to take a serious disliking to the prick.

Lloris being captain has no basis in reality.

Lloris was blessed to play behind the Belgian barrier of Dembele, Toby & Jan under Pochettino.

Before and after this he has been at best underwhelming and at worst a complete fucking embarrassment as a goalkeeper; never mind as a captain.

Stevie P, Gary Mabbutt and Ledley King are Spurs captains.

They led by example and commanded respect.

Sulzeer Jeremiah Campbell owes his entire career to Mabbutt who babysat him through his first three seasons at left back, right back and centre back.

Lloris is never a leader of men.

I would go as far as to say that he is one of the main reasons Spurs failed to lift a trophy under Pochettino.

He was always the weakest link in that team when we had a starting 11.

Never been able to put my finger on it, but he's never been a favourite of mine, even when he was good.
I have expressed my thoughts on his captaincy several times and that has never changed, again, even when he was good.
I did think when we signed Gollini that we were planning for the future but that was a bit of a false dawn. Maybe we would have been been better off hanging onto Gazzaniga ;)
Personal feelings aside, Hugo's time has to be done.

Never been able to put my finger on it, but he's never been a favourite of mine, even when he was good.
I have expressed my thoughts on his captaincy several times and that has never changed, again, even when he was good.
I did think when we signed Gollini that we were planning for the future but that was a bit of a false dawn. Maybe we would have been been better off hanging onto Gazzaniga ;)
Personal feelings aside, Hugo's time has to be done.
Another one that needs replacing this summer.

It's not even his pathetic kicking that gets me, it's his terrible decision making. He is supposed to be the captain, but he has no feel for the moment in a game. He gets the opposition players and fans up with his rank stupidity. I have never liked him as much as most spurs fans, especially since the drink driving (which typifies his stupidity on the pitch). I appreciate that at his best, he was a world class shot stopper. But he really has been part of the problem at our club for awhile now, especially as his decline coincides with the decline in quality of our squad as a whole.

I will be so glad when he is replaced.
Another excellent and fair contribution.

All of this needs to be said.

It needs to be said to protect some of these players from experiencing their own individual 'Davinson Sanchez' moment.

Levy has exposed his managers and players to this by his penny pinching rotation of turds, that cannot be polished, by all types of coaches.

It's as if all Levy's chickens are literally coming home to roost as the planets align and ENIC's Spurs charade collapses into a nightmare around them.

He has drained every last drop out of the management, players and supporters of the club.

We are all completely rinsed out and have no faith in Levy's rudderless ship.

I am now fully convinced that Hugo Lloris being continually selected for the Spurs first team is harming the club.

Should supporters sing 'There's only one Fraser Forster' to make this point or should the Spurs leadership act now in light of what has happened to Davinson Sanchez?

Please discuss?
Forster for me.

Not sure what the point of this poll is, particularly given you're allowing multiple responses. The same sentiments are expressed in the player thread.

It's pretty clear that Hugo needs shifting, but he'll start every game until the end of the season because Stellini is a weak-willed coach who's drilled in Conte's stubbornness. Best we can hope for is as few clangers as possible and a worldie or 2 against the big teams.

If I see the expression " fantastic servant" used for players who no other top club ever wanted to buy, I'll fucking explode.

"Exceptional wage thief" would be more appropriate for these players. Hopefully Hugo remembers to get a taxi home after his leaving do.
It’s so true. Despite tentative links, no really top top club ever came in strong for Lloris, and there’s good reason for that.

I’m not even sure why it’s considered a big deal?

Age comes to us all. He’s been good. Won a World Cup. Gone a bit shit.

Thanks for everything. Enjoy your retirement.

Back
Top Bottom