Is it wrong to enjoy or even revel in Arsenals humiliation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Manchester currently has additional restrictions but it isn't in lockdown.

Anyone returning to the UK from Spain has to self-isolate for 2 weeks when they return but I don't think the Spanish government has imposed restrictions on people returning to Spain from the UK.

The immediate concern would be Spanish citizens coming into the UK though..... They clearly won't have quarantined for 2 weeks before the game.

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but...

I've only just found out that we could get kicked out of the Europa League if we can't arrange a neutral venue if a team we've drawn at home in the qualifying rounds is from a country where there are restrictions on travel to the UK.

We could also get kicked out if we draw a team at home and then travel restrictions to the UK are placed on that team's country AFTER the draw has been made!!

It's outlined here:

Just when I thought Woolwich had already had the last laugh...

FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!

:mourfacepalm:

That's right but if those restrictions are applied after the draw but before the match, we still get kicked out!
But wouldn't this apply to ANY country in the Group stage as well?
I don't think it's exclusive to the qualifiers....

Oh hang on, unless COVID-19FC qualified directly into the Group stage, and is exempt from those.... so can only affect the qualifiers! Makes sense!

So basically if a team isn’t allowed to fly to England and Spurs don’t arrange to play the game in a country they are allowed to fly to, we get kicked out?

Sounds legit

I would have thought that, in a situation like this, the responsibility for arranging matches in another country would lie with UEFA.

It's their competition, they organise it and they would have the means and authority to make the arrangements.

If the responsibility is down to the clubs that have been drawn at home then what are they supposed to do?

Get out the international Yellow Pages and start ringing other clubs, begging to use their stadium at short notice??

I have to think there is almost zero chances that this rule affects any club, let alone a big club from a major league.

They sound scary but worse case scenario arranging to play at a neutral site should be extremely easy to do.

Manchester currently has additional restrictions but it isn't in lockdown.

Anyone returning to the UK from Spain has to self-isolate for 2 weeks when they return but I don't think the Spanish government has imposed restrictions on people returning to Spain from the UK.
As you say anyone coming into the country from Spain has to self isolate. The RM players are not because the Government has agreed exception. This would also apply at present to teams playing us in September. Unless the Government change the rules which I admit they are doing all the time there is not a problem.

This is the wretched way some spurs fans think of Porch as a 'serial loser' which speaks volumes about us as a club when he's widely acknowledged as being our best manager in decades.
Yea its wrong to label Poch a serial loser. But the message i replied to was mocking Mourinho for now winning the cups with a team left in a terrible state by Poch. The f did people expect would happen with a team that was 14th in the league and getting battered 6-0 in the CL.

Back
Top Bottom