Is Kyle Walker a bit simple...?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on now.. the last comment was simply stating fact. Wigan IS a weaker side than Man C and Woolwich. But yes, if his comments represent the locker room's attitude we are in for a dicking tomorrow.

There's a difference between a team being 'weaker' and a game being easy... Walker's a fucking twat if he thinks his comments did anything other than seal our fate... and there it is, 0-1 defeat at home to 'easy' little Wigan... i'm sure Wigan were just glad of their day trip t'London, and to get Walker's autograph...
I think the dye was cast the moment Walker decided he is the new mouth of the South, once Harry left... he wants to know why his form has dipped this season? 'cos he's too busy twattering and talking us up, and disrespecting little Wigan... oh, no hang on, he said 'no disrespect to Wigan' didn't he... oh well that's alright then. I hope to fuckery that Walker doesn't represent the feelings of the squad in general, 'cos if that stinking attitude and display is what we show against EASY WIGAN, then we will be royally arse fucked worse than a Scout on Jim'll Fix it over the coming few games...

what a bunch of soppy cunts we were today!

Walker's a fucking twat if he thinks his comments did anything other than seal our fate... and there it is, 0-1 defeat at home to 'easy' little Wigan... i'm sure Wigan were just glad of their day trip t'London, and to get Walker's autograph...
I'm sure Kyle's comment is not the reason the entire team was shit today and the reason why AVB finds himself completely unable to play a 4-4-2.

If only we'd run about a bit................. i blame the ghost of bobby robson....

Frankly, I don't blame AVB for his hesitancy in running a 4-4-2 at the moment, though.

If you've only got two senior strikers then it's probably not the best of ideas to play them both at the same time.

Falque needs a look. Might get Dempsey and Siggy to sort their shit out.

edit: But fuck, Walker needs to get his head straight.

Frankly, I don't blame AVB for his hesitancy in running a 4-4-2 at the moment, though.

If you've only got two senior strikers then it's probably not the best of ideas to play them both at the same time.

Besides the issue of the 2 strikers, I think AVB would be concerned with our present options for a 2 in central midfield - Huddlestone, Siggy or the few youngsters we have.

Agree and disagree. I agree that you don't want to be playing two strikers regularly for worries about injury. But that does not mean that you can't do it in any games at all, or do it from time to time by way of substitution. AVB could've easily taken Dempsey off yesterday (who is a psuedo striker himself) and put Ade on with Defoe, reverting to a 4-4-2.

For all him notebooks and dossiers AVB is displaying tactical naivity when it comes to formation, pricisely because you can anticipate his line up and formation quite easily. If we always play with the lone striker then opposition sides will anticipate this and play to match. If we then don't have a plan B and altered formation to implement, we leave ourselves open as one trick ponies.

If AVB wants another striker then he's got to make that clear to Levy. But I'm not convinced that his only option at the moment is only ever to play one at a time.

If only we'd run about a bit........

Apparantley that did'nt work very well, and we needed a change.

What a difference a year has made in terms of our style of play. This time last year we were being called the most entertaining team in the country, by people like SAF.

Guess we were just lucky seeing as the manager at the time was clueless.

But there is no evidence that Falque, Siggy or Dempsey will ever take us to the next level....far from it. We have proof that Ade and Defoe can, as was displayed in their form together in the first half of last season, when people were genuinely discussing whether this was the best football they had seen at WHL since the 60s.

How are those three priority to either Defoe or Ade? Its mental in my honest opinion.

“No disrespect to them [opponents], but these are all winnable games,” he said.
“With the players we have in our team - we have world-class internationals - we can win this one, go to Lazio and give them a good game, and beat Panathinaikos and the table will look good come the end of it.”

Apparantley that did'nt work very well, and we needed a change.

What a difference a year has made in terms of our style of play. This time last year we were being called the most entertaining team in the country, by people like SAF.

Guess we were just lucky seeing as the manager at the time was clueless.

you just cant let it rest , can you , Blatant irony post ? The manager was clueless ( in some ways because he still knows more about football than any of us i guess) but he had a well oiled team that got lucky with injuries and had Modric + more time at the club to implement his way of thinking/working.

Unlike you clearly can? Irony post indeed.
dolphin%2019.jpg

i am like a fish , throw me the bait and i'll bite ;)

Just to go back to Walker briefly; Everything I had heard from him last season had seemed to be mature, reasoned comment, more so from a lad who is unlikely to have had (cause) to study the English language much beyond 'the lads done well' etc....this season he has been affected by poor performances and a shockingly fickle group of supporters making it well known they have forgotten what Walker has already achieved, and what he is capable of going on to achieving.

He is getting a rough time of it, is playing in the hardest position to master and gets abuse, whether they are genuine Spurs fans or not, on that abortion of a creation, Twitter.

I hate Ashley Cole but he was considered positionally naive and only useful as an attacking position for the first couple of seasons of his career, if Walker can reach that wankers level, it's happy days all round.

Would you believe I actually witnessed a Spurs fan say we should sell Walker because of his dip in form?

Sadly, I know the answer is yes.

No disrespect to them [opponents], but these are all winnable games,” he said.
“With the players we have in our team - we have world-class internationals - we can win this one, go to Lazio and give them a good game, and beat Panathinaikos and the table will look good come the end of it.”

Jesus H. Mary And Joseph Merrick... he really doesn't know when to stop, does he? WASN'T SATURDAY a big enough clue for you Kyyyyyyyyyle?
Just shut the fuck about about how winnable and straightforward these games are, UNTIL WE'VE WON THEM straightforwardly!

...he's fast becoming the Harry Redknapp of the Right-Back world!

Back
Top Bottom