Is this fixture list our best chance ever of winning Prem?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It doesn’t matter what order they are in. Upside down, back to front , written in Hindu. We arnt even going to be challenging for the league, let alone winning it . Saturday proved we still have major problems that still haven’t been addressed.

It’s a race for a cl spot. That’s it

What is wrong with you. We won 3-1 and played very well in the second half.

If you take that little joy out of watching us, my polite advice to you would be for you to kindly close your account and never post on here again.

Thanks.

How about a season where something crazy happens, say a side like Leicester end up the only team playing well in the country with the rest of top 6 being gash, that would be a pretty good chance........ oh

:pochfacepalm:

It doesn’t matter what order they are in. Upside down, back to front , written in Hindu. We arnt even going to be challenging for the league, let alone winning it . Saturday proved we still have major problems that still haven’t been addressed.

Jesus, Justin!

Who shat in your cornflakes this morning?!

Having the best squad in the league and maybe the world IS the magic formula.

I want to be hopeful but I can’t see us winning the league. City and Liverpool are miles ahead of us. One could stumble with injuries, etc but not both.

Not addressing our RB situation in the transfer window cinched it for me.

The magic formula is 1.6 billion pounds in player purchases.

Having the best squad in the league and maybe the world IS the magic formula.

I want to be hopeful but I can’t see us winning the league. City and Liverpool are miles ahead of us. One could stumble with injuries, etc but not both.

Not addressing our RB situation in the transfer window cinched it for me.

Really don't think Liverpool are miles ahead of us. I would say both us and Liverpool should be capable of achieving 80 odd points, whereas City more like 90 odd.

We stumbled with injuries and missing players last season whereas Liverpool were extremely fortunate not just with injuries, but also the rub of the green and poor refereeing decisions (which VAR would have prevented) which enabled them to maintain a very high level of momentum.
Just look what the Burnley game did to our momentum. Still want to know what Mike Dean said to Poch after that game - but I don't think Liverpools season would have collapsed quite as dramatically as ours did, and being Champions League runner ups probably helped them out mentally. They didn't need to make believe they are capable of going the distance - they had already done it. That's part of my hope for us this term anyway.

Certainly wouldn't agree that the RB situation would be the defining issue for us this time.
They are all more than capable against 16-17 teams in the league, and even if they can't cope with a City or Liverpool attack, we lose home and away to both of them purely down to the right back (nothing to do with converting less chances), that still leaves over 100 points available for us to achieve.

We lost games to Watford, Wolves, Burnley, Southampton, West Ham, Bournemouth, and drew with Everton outside of the top 6. That's 20 dropped points from games we are clearly capable of winning even with right backs who will hypothetically under perform in every game.
If those were victories, we would have had 91 points. Turn the loss at Wembley against Liverpool into a win, and we both have 94 points.

Obviously football doesn't work like that though. Games at certain times are tough for different reasons.
Liverpool up until last season used to have a knack for losing games against shit sides. It's not because the shit sides were better than Liverpool, as the teams that beat us weren't better than us - but on the day they were for whatever reasons.

For me, our problem in winning the league isn't being able to beat Liverpool and City home and away. It's bagging all the wins which should be wins on paper, or as close to that as possible. KWP/Aurier/Foyth are more than capable in these games which will once again define our season.
KWP getting done for 5 goals away to City will not define our season, but it will act as a perfect scapegoat to alleviate criticism towards fan favourites and what not.

Having a sharp and fit Harry Kane for 38 league games will be our best chance. To me he looks like a man on a mission.

If he can avoid injury you are guaranteed goals. And we have the squad experience around him now to cause real concerns for other teams.

But Harry is the key.

I disagree on this as so many factors such as form, if you play away after champions league, if you have promoted teams early, relegation threatened teams late, teams with new players before they have settled in etc.....

All makes a difference.

But yes fundamentally every team home and away!
After CL games the most important thing is playing other teams who have also played in the CL/EL. You don't want, say, Sheffield United away and they are scrapping for their lives and the chance to overturn a big team at home....plus their players are all fresh. Worst case scenario IMO.

Back
Top Bottom