Is this the dream 11?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What are your thoughts on this lineup?

• I'd love this, and I think it will be the starting 11 once they're all fit!

• I'd love this, but Jose will never play it!

• I don't think it'd work, needs to be more balanced/defensive!

• I'd love this, minus Ndombele who we should sell ASAP

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes I am getting ahead of myself and by Friday all our dreams may be dashed.

But here's another pointless poll if you want a break from refreshing twitter.

EiEHoK3XYAQ4py8

On FIFA perhaps. In reality Ndombele can barely last 20 minutes at present. He clearly has quality but needs to be fully fit and find his feet,else the team you've shared is essentially 10 men...

Put simply, if you look at our last year's trf activity that 's surely the point.....

Will we see it.... Hmmmmmmmm.....

we need another creative midfielder. secretly thinking if we were able to bring back eriksen we'd have a near complete squad that'd be enough to challenge for a trophy or two. he'd be our most creative player by far in spite of his slump.

we need another creative midfielder. secretly thinking if we were able to bring back eriksen we'd have a near complete squad that'd be enough to challenge for a trophy or two. he'd be our most creative player by far in spite of his slump.
What the fuck are you drinking/sniffing ? (or is it both). The squad is starting to finally take shape, the mood is positive despite the Everton result and you are talking about bringing Eriksen back ?? FFS

On paper, if those players could play to their max capacity and potential, then yeah, that’s an incredible team. It’s extremely attacking though with two wing backs and NDombele is not great on the defensive end. Son puts in a shift defensively but I don’t think Bale will so you have three players in Bale, NDombele and Kane who won’t be doing much defending. If Mourinho can figure out how to make that starting 11 work, than it’s bloody exciting.

With the 2 attacking FB's/WB's I think you would need to sacrifice one of the midfielders for another CB. PEH and GLC in the middle with 3 at the back.

[FORMATION=433, Lloris, Tanganga, Sanchez, Dier, Reguilon, Lo Celso, Winks, Ndombele, Bale, Kane, Son]
[/FORMATION]

I think this would be much better than what the OP posted. Tanganga is better defensively than Doherty, and can move in as a third CB which would allow Reguilon freedom moving forwards.

Five problems though:
1. Son is not a very good combination player, which would make the Son-Reguilon left side a bit less effective than it could have otherwise have been;
2. The system is not set up to exploit the space on the right when Bale moves inside, which he should;
3. Although I like the idea of Winks in a midfield where his sideways passes would be passes to more adventurous players, he is not the defensive powerhouse that would be preferable in such a system;
4. All three of the offensive players likes to shoot rather than to pass, the system would be way more efficient if Kane had used his excellent passing ability to set up Son and Bale rather than to go for goal himself, a bit like Firmino for Liverpool (the trio of Son, Bale and Kane, if they had been less selfish, could be absolutely brilliant);
5. Mourinho is our manager, not Klopp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom