Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Managed to catch up on some missed episodes of Golazo pod this week and my word, what a listen.

For those interested, I highly recommend the following episodes:
This pod touches on Quagliarella, following his amazing back-heel goal, I had no idea about the stalking case around him, it's fascinating to listen and very Italian story.
https://audioboom.com/channels/4938942.rss

Great conversation, well structured and takes you on a journey of the amazing story of Chievo story

My favourite was this one on Gaucci - Many know about him from tabloid stuff written over the years, but told as an accumulative makes for a real education. Brilliant listen.

Beautiful audio on Italian football.

Gaucci was a real criminal but it is incredible the nose he had in finding players to little and then resell them at super prices.

La Ternana is the team of my home city and in Serie B played the derby of Umbria with Perugia.
Gaucci then escaped to Santo Domingo while one of the sons was arrested. Memorable TV program after Gaucci senior with a 20-year-old girl on her lap (from the Caribbean) greeted her son in the midst of trouble in Italy "dad loves you so much"

The president of Perugia (Luciano Gaucci) argues at the end of the match with the president of Bari (Vincenzo Matarrese) brother of the president of FIGC (Italian football game federation) Vincenzo Matarrese after Perugia-Bari 1-1 (1999)

Gaucci attacks the referee saying "the player is in the hospital, he has a fracture". At that point the coach arrives Matarrese saying "Gaucci we are from Serie A". Gaucci closes with a "fuck off"

With the exception of the local derbies Roma/Lazio,inter/AC etc would it be a fair to suggest Juventus are the most hated team in Italy?

G7OlbmS6Zg4f8wcgkifBHZgLpumLsC4Wkx-9ENIO54o.png

With the exception of the local derbies Roma/Lazio,inter/AC etc would it be a fair to suggest Juventus are the most hated team in Italy?

Juventus is the team with more fans in Italy. For 7 years he won the Scudetto and every year he reinforces himself. It is normal for antipathy to grow among the enemies.
About the alliances / hatred, the Totti map definitely makes the idea.

PS: I add a detail that can make you understand the map of the fans. In the 1970s, the Agnelli family, owners of FIAT, implemented a consensus policy towards Southern Italy, buying players from Sicily ( Beppe Furino, Pietro Anastasi), Sardinia ( Antonello Cuccureddu), Calabria and Puglia ( Franco Causio).

Managed to catch up on some missed episodes of Golazo pod this week and my word, what a listen.

For those interested, I highly recommend the following episodes:
This pod touches on Quagliarella, following his amazing back-heel goal, I had no idea about the stalking case around him, it's fascinating to listen and very Italian story.

Great conversation, well structured and takes you on a journey of the amazing story of Chievo story

My favourite was this one on Gaucci - Many know about him from tabloid stuff written over the years, but told as an accumulative makes for a real education. Brilliant listen.

Absolutely tragic story, i posted links to some written articles about It a couple of pages ago.

His goals reel is something else (also posted)

Last edited:
Zidane's friend Bellini confirms desire to return to Juventus | Calciomercato.com

Zidane's friend confirms desire to return to Juventus
02/11/2018

For some time now rumours have been circulating about the possibility of Zinedine Zidane returning to Juventus, either as a director or new coach of the Bianconeri.

Now, one of the best friends of the Frenchman, Cristiano Bellini, who runs a sports centre opened by the former Real Madrid coach, has added fuel to the speculations in an interview to Tuttosport.

"I was in Madrid to take stock of the centre with Zidane. With the video, we wanted to make a special greeting to our customers. The 'Forza Juve' at the end of it was not prepared, it was spontaneous," he said.
"Heir to Allegri? As a friend of Zizou and a Juventus fan, I wish for it in my heart. Allegri is very good and the first one to respect him is Zidane, but in the future, we will see. I think that even Zizou dreams of coaching the Bianconeri sooner or later," Bellini added.

Zidane's friend Bellini confirms desire to return to Juventus | Calciomercato.com

Zidane's friend confirms desire to return to Juventus
02/11/2018

For some time now rumours have been circulating about the possibility of Zinedine Zidane returning to Juventus, either as a director or new coach of the Bianconeri.

Now, one of the best friends of the Frenchman, Cristiano Bellini, who runs a sports centre opened by the former Real Madrid coach, has added fuel to the speculations in an interview to Tuttosport.

"I was in Madrid to take stock of the centre with Zidane. With the video, we wanted to make a special greeting to our customers. The 'Forza Juve' at the end of it was not prepared, it was spontaneous," he said.
"Heir to Allegri? As a friend of Zizou and a Juventus fan, I wish for it in my heart. Allegri is very good and the first one to respect him is Zidane, but in the future, we will see. I think that even Zizou dreams of coaching the Bianconeri sooner or later," Bellini added.

Would you want him?

Would you want him?

Now I'm happy that there is Allegri who is a great coach.
I'm glad Zidane has not forgotten Juventus. He played for Juventus for 5 years, winning two league titles, the Intercontinental Cup, the Europa Super Cup. At the individual level the Golden Ball 1998. Lippi had him taken from Bordeaux, he was 24 years old and he focused on him. At the beginning I remember that he played badly and everyone thought that maybe his size was Bordeaux.

His words today make me happy. Dechamps returned to Juventus in 2006 to go back to the Serie B. The Allegri would soon finish the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom