ITK - we have the best junior coach in the country

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just had Steve King in our offices, we were helping him produce his CV on DVD for sending to a new club - wouldn't tell us who.

Steve King was the manager of Macclesfield, the non-League club whose run in the FA cup were ended by Wigan. They fired him for not getting promoted after their top striker was injured. His budget for the season was £500,000!

Anyway, we were talking about coaching methods, and I mentioned how annoyed we Spurs fans were at losing Inglethorpe to Liverpool. He told me not to worry, because Ramsay is absolutely incredible as a coach, the best in the country, and that Ingelthorpe is no loss. It is Ramsay who is responsible for the quality that is coming out of Spurs right now.

Once again, Liverpool bought the wrong person...

Only other bit of info was that Pardew went to school with Lambias (spelling?) the Newcash director, which is why he has an 8 year contract there and why Clipboard Chris was sacked. They can sack him for a million, though.

Showed us some pics of him with the FA cup and his best players, and said how the FA Cup draw was done from his house.

Really nice man, promised to come back and tell us if he gets the job and bring us some tickets.

SK seems to leave all his clubs under 'interesting' circumstances....

Indeed - he told us a bit about it. he reckons he has always been successful. At Lewes he was replaced after 5 seasons and four promotions by Dick Knights nephew, with no management experience but would invest in the club... which he subsequently didn't...
At Macclesfield he had a year to go on his contract and had achieved his targets but they had Fowler lined up as the new manager...

Fair enough that you met this guy and he related his opinions to you, but how is this ITK?

Or am I missing the joke?

The ITK was in regard to the quality of our coaching staff. Here is a pretty damn good coach, who has been successful, who was fulsome in his praise of Ramsay, who I vaguely knew, and damning of Inglethorpe.

As the general view had been that Inglethorpe was brilliant and we lost out hugely when he went to pool, I think this is strong ITK with regard to our coaching staff and set up.

ITK is not restricted to incoming signings!

Basically my critique was with whether this was in the know or someone's opinion. Truly hope Steve King's opinion of Ramsey is true. But I'd prefer something prefaced with ITK as something with substance other than someone's views.

Basically my critique was with whether this was in the know or someone's opinion. Truly hope Steve King's opinion of Ramsey is true. But I'd prefer something prefaced with ITK as something with substance other than someone's views.

tumblr_mdcwazxrpI1qcxfado1_500.gif

And what else is ITK other than someone elses views/opinion/made up BS?

Because 99% of the time it certainly isnt actual true insider information!

Hey man, even a few years ago ITK meant you knew someone who actually worked at the club. If that's changed it only means I've been drunk as shit for a couple years. Which is true.

Listening to this shit right now.

Back
Top Bottom