I've melted.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder how long it will take for everyone to turn on our next manager? AVB set the record for quickest booing at the Lane but Sherwood definitely shattered the recorded for fastest widespread internet bollocking.

Maybe someone will physically assault our next manager.

If the rumours of Levy being out in Holland a few weeks ago to speak to van Gaal are true, it was probably a pre-emptive sacking just to save time.

Only if you can find a pic of his ideal squad...the one where Townsend was playing through the middle.
He was on after the match today claiming that Townsend is the answer to all of our troubles.

Kid has talent, but he desperately needs to play for the team and stop trying to pull off one-man heroics from long range.

I understand how people feel about Sherwood, but I've also read and heard stuff about how influential and cuntish he could be as a skipper and player. Great managers need to be tactically adept but they also need the respect of players. By all accounts he may have half the job done already. Should we not give him time for the remainder?

There's been absolutely nothing to suggest he has the respect of the players and even less evidence of any tactical nous.

The guy's a fraud.

There's been absolutely nothing to suggest he has the respect of the players and even less evidence of any tactical nous.

The guy's a fraud.
Absolutely - proven top class internationals benched by a 2-bob no-mark. I wouldn't be arsed either.

:lennon:What a bunch of pussies some of you are: toughen the f&@k up. One shit performance in the league and so much crying. Boo hoo. Sounds like stub hub was designed for cunts like carlito (and me). Just sell your tickets to me mate

That's it, I'm out, until he's gone and we have a proper manager.

Season ticket going to my brother.

I can't watch this team, it's too painful. Fucking Adebayor, Bentaleb, Kyle naughton, danny rose, Michael Dawson....

That's not what I pay my money for.

Fuck the lot of them. Off topic for me until the weasel has gone.
At least you can put all your remaining fixtures on Stub Hub and make some money...................

Genuine question. Does anyone know how the great managers like Ferguson, Van Gaal, Saachi, Lippi etc got on in their first ever season in management? I'd like to know how successful they were.
Its pretty clear that Sherwood could and should have made better decisions today but if we are going to crucify him for today then we must also praise him for all the victories he has given us.
Fair, but they didn't start at a club of our stature.

:lennon:What a bunch of pussies some of you are: toughen the f&@k up. One shit performance in the league and so much crying. Boo hoo. Sounds like stub hub was designed for cunts like carlito (and me). Just sell your tickets to me mate
The thing is, we had plenty of shit performances this season, so i guess people are right to question the direction where the club is heading right now.

So what should we do oh wise one?
Should we sit back and watch our top 4 dreams shattered once again, and so " oh dear never mind "
Of course people are going to be pissed off. That performance was unacceptable and one that needs discussing and dissecting.
For me, that performance shows where we are in the top 4 race, and that's a million miles away from where these players should be.
The lack of care and urgency we showed yesterday is more than worrying.
Sherwood got so many things wrong and people have every right to vent their anger..

So what should we do oh wise one?
Should we sit back and watch our top 4 dreams shattered once again, and so " oh dear never mind "
Of course people are going to be pissed off. That performance was unacceptable and one that needs discussing and dissecting.
For me, that performance shows where we are in the top 4 race, and that's a million miles away from where these players should be.
The lack of care and urgency we showed yesterday is more than worrying.
Sherwood got so many things wrong and people have every right to vent their anger..

Agree 110%. Not to score any goals in two games against a shite team who hasnt played for 2 months and a team who could be going down says it all. To play 7 players who started on Thursday was unbelievable. Eriksen must be wondering what he has done wrong. Our main midfielder who can unlock a defence plays 15 odd minutes in the EP and doesnt even get a game against Norwich.

Mind boggling.

Agree 110%. Not to score any goals in two games against a shite team who hasnt played for 2 months and a team who could be going down says it all. To play 7 players who started on Thursday was unbelievable. Eriksen must be wondering what he has done wrong. Our main midfielder who can unlock a defence plays 15 odd minutes in the EP and doesnt even get a game against Norwich.

Mind boggling.

Mind boggling and stupidity beyond belief.
His obsession with Bemtaleb has cost us and himself.
He's trying to prove some wierd and wonderful point by playing him in every minute of every game but it's back fired and he's just shown the footballing world, and more importantly Levy, that he is not ready to manage a big club.
We started the game with Capoue, Bentaleb, Paulinho and Dembele and yet a two bob midfield bossed the middle.
It was horrible and everyone apart from Sherwood could see it wasn't working. Paulinho has a goal in his locker but Bentaleb doesn't, so who does he take off.? Yep you guessed it..
I sat there yesterday trying to fathom what sort of system we were trying to play, but it couldn't work it out. The players didn't have a clue either.
Leaving Eriksen sitting there for the entire game was utterly ridiculous and a decision that cost us.
Also I didn't see Capoue get any sort of knock, I may be wrong, so if he didn't get a knock he must have been carrying an injury so to make a substitution so early on was madness.
I'm still boiling at yesterday's debacle and we took 10 massive steps backward..

Mind boggling and stupidity beyond belief.
His obsession with Bemtaleb has cost us and himself.
He's trying to prove some wierd and wonderful point by playing him in every minute of every game but it's back fired and he's just shown the footballing world, and more importantly Levy, that he is not ready to manage a big club.
We started the game with Capoue, Bentaleb, Paulinho and Dembele and yet a two bob midfield bossed the middle.
It was horrible and everyone apart from Sherwood could see it wasn't working. Paulinho has a goal in his locker but Bentaleb doesn't, so who does he take off.? Yep you guessed it..
I sat there yesterday trying to fathom what sort of system we were trying to play, but it couldn't work it out. The players didn't have a clue either.
Leaving Eriksen sitting there for the entire game was utterly ridiculous and a decision that cost us.
Also I didn't see Capoue get any sort of knock, I may be wrong, so if he didn't get a knock he must have been carrying an injury so to make a substitution so early on was madness.
I'm still boiling at yesterday's debacle and we took 10 massive steps backward..

Ah fair enough, thanks for that.. I dint see anything but that proves he did get a knock..
That kind of makes me feel better as I couldn't work out the logic behind it..

Back
Top Bottom