James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The 2 week break is probably no bad thing for Maddison and the team. Mini pre-season to get back on the same page.

I think he'd be helped by Kulusevksi and Sarr starting again on the RHS.

Then put Johnson LWF IMO.

Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

Yep right there with you.

I wanted Eze in the summer but I’ve been flip flopping on him as a fit and his injuries.

Now I’m flipped into the idea of Eze 100%. We could play him and Maddison together with them interchangeable on LW and LCM, he could play when Maddison isn’t fit and vice versa.

I'm just loathed to slag players off now. We'll probably hear in the summer that him and bissouma have been struggling with injury all 2024 or something and that has been hampering performances. We are always kept in the dark and when a player's form drops off a cliff compared to how they have previously performed, 9 out of 10 times we subsequently hear they were injured. It has happened just too many times with us.

Not sure how that would work with our system as ange likes the wingers to stay high and wide. And eze would be wanting to come inside constantly and get involved in the build up play.

I do like him as a player though.

It’s a valid question but they’d be able to keep the ball under pressure and link up with 1-2’s and 1 touch passes. Which we have totally forgotten how to do atm.

I'm just loathed to slag players off now. We'll probably hear in the summer that him and bissouma have been struggling with injury all 2024 or something and that has been hampering performances. We are always kept in the dark and when a player's form drops off a cliff compared to how they have previously performed, 9 out of 10 times we subsequently hear they were injured. It has happened just too many times with us.
Maddison is really the key for Ange ball. When he played lights out early season we looked like title contenders. He is the only one that can unleash Son's goal potential like Eriksen and Kane did.

Too bad he got injured and seems to be very inconsistent now and Son has to drop deep all the time.

It is really.

Foden, Saka, Palmer, Rashford, Bowen all want to play in the 3 behind Kane. bellingham as well.

Unless Southgate wants to move Bellingham back into the CM 2, I can't see how Maddison gets in with his current form.
He shouldn't even be considered at this point. He has been pretty terrible since his return. Let him stay here and work on his fitness....

Seriously he is giving me Lamela vibes.. right now...

I got pelters for saying it before we signed him, but a player who misses like a quarter of every season, who also has lacked consistency in every game (Leicester days) was a huge risk.
When he's good, he's very, very good. But since he's come back, he's been really poor. He shouldn't be starting games at present.

Hopefully next season he can stay fit and get back to his best, but that's a big if, and I can't help feel like we need another 10 to mitigate that. Almada from Atlanta before the Copa America would be smart business, he can play a roos the front line too and would presumably be less expensive, but that's too much like common sense.

While it's not a panic just now, it's something that needs an eye kept on, because another season like this, and a decision will have to be made.

Back
Top Bottom