Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That part Poch says Vert can play till around 40 makes me happy. Don't think we'll have him that long but I'm glad we fully intend to get at least several more seasons from him. Perfect mentor for Sanchez and Foyth.

Wow, interesting hot take, I do sometimes wonder about some of my fellow Spurs fans...

Vertonghen has always been a quality defender, save for his supposedly disinterested period under Sherwood, but any player would be fucked off with him coaching them.

Wow, interesting hot take, I do sometimes wonder about some of my fellow Spurs fans...

Vertonghen has always been a quality defender, save for his supposedly disinterested period under Sherwood, but any player would be fucked off with him coaching them.

I’ve always loved Jan. I don’t understand the section of support that tried to bin him. I remember when he came after Modric and Bale fucked off, he and Lloris were the only bit of real class we had in the team anymore. It’s like Toby showed up and played great and half the people forgot Jan’s been here playing at an elite level all along

Just get him (and toby) right. Whether the latter is leaving, i really don't care right now because we need them both. We looked properly shaky in defence without them both there, even yesterday despite controlling the match. Desperate for both to be right for juve

Back
Top Bottom