Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought defensively we did our best for a while v Soton.
It took a very well taken goal to beat us and I don't recall many dangerous Soton moves or Gazza saves.
Verts has at least another year in him IMO.

I thought defensively we did our best for a while v Soton.
It took a very well taken goal to beat us and I don't recall many dangerous Soton moves or Gazza saves.
Verts has at least another year in him IMO.
Possibly as 4th choice, but as a starter, he should be league cup and lower league FA cup only.

Yep, at a push. But you know next week he'll be marking Salah or Mane

If he isn't deemed good enough to face a bottom third champo team then it's over.

My beef comes from who we've dropped to accommodate him and the similarly struggling Dier..... Not to mention, the perceived need for 3CBs; period.

If he isn't deemed good enough to face a bottom third champo team then it's over.

My beef comes from who we've dropped to accommodate him and the similarly struggling Dier..... Not to mention, the perceived need for 3CBs; period.
Said when Alderweireld signed his contract it was good news for Dav as we couldn't play anyone ele beside him in a back 4. We needed Dav's speed and aerial ability.

The dinosaur decided otherwise.

Said when Alderweireld signed his contract it was good news for Dav as we couldn't play anyone ele beside him in a back 4. We needed Dav's speed and aerial ability.

The dinosaur decided otherwise.

Evidently, that our best performing defender of the season is suddently deemed 4th choice concerns me greatly.

Fresh from the dumb, 'must say something' speculations of the one and only Darren Bent... Bloke talks utter shit.

There was a few that said one defender didn't convince Mourinho. Naming Dav

That was about 3 or 4 weeks ago

I did wonder if this bit of an interview during the summer was a case of the lady doth protest too much...

“I have said it before, I am very happy at the club. The supporters have been great for me, the manager has improved me a lot and has a lot of confidence in me. I feel very good physically so I am not sure what is going to happen this year."

This wouldn't be a problem if it was Serie A, but Jan's legs going will be exposed in the PL time and time again - and even worse if/when he's filling in as a LB.

A crying shame as I love him, but I don't think he wants to be playing the back-up role he'd probably be doing.

Back
Top Bottom