January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do that in a heart beat at this point, if that deal appeared. It is something that would probably take plenty of time though. Which player though, for 25 million is actually available and would help us?

Well Bony was available and sold for 28. As for others there are likely numerous options. I am simply addressing the issue of the money we don't have. You can't do all deals simultaneously otherwise they will never get done. Move dead weight and then buy based on what Poch and Paul Mitchell want. That is what I am looking for.

If their contracts run out in the summer what money is going to be made? As I said before, there's no money to be made this window, only money to save.

If anyone thinks we're going to get a lot of money for Kaboul, Adebayor and BAE whose contracts run out in the summer, they're having a laugh. Not sure why that's so hard for people on here to understand, almost as bad as Levy. "Kaboul? £10 mil."

"Sell high, buy low", not when you're under pressure to sell and save money on wages.
Agree with this. It's like the cheap aisle at the supermarket. The people who keep an eye on it are the people who need to buy cheap stuff nearing the end of its usefulness. The selling supermarket would rather get something for it rather than see it go past the "sell by" date & dump it into a skip. That's the rather crude analogy to what we have at Spurs. By all means get some returns where possible, but don't overprice anything that will be worth nothing to you tomorrow. Once this window closes we remain stuck with whatever "shit" the manager can't, or isn't allowed to offload- until summer at the earliest. That's a long time to keep unwanted shit stored away with no means of getting rid- a warehouse full of rotten products, costing by the day. We can bark on at who we should sign, who we should get rid of, but ultimately it's time for Levy to put trust in his manager to be doing the right thing. Early signs with Poch are good. So we must not hold on to players he doesn't want simply to try & squeeze a few more quid on a transfer fee. That is plainly fucking stupid...but we have seen it happen before.

Or better yet buy what we need and sell after. I just want to see that the club is committed to getting better and willing to invest to get there.

Yeh but you know it won't work like that, we should simply support what Poch wants within an agreed budget (say £50 million based on what Levy realistically thinks he can get for the deadwood) then look to sell the 7-8 players getting the best price when we can to cover the buys. However you get the feeling we won't dip our toes till the sales have been made which maybe too late to get time to make the right buys, we all know how Levy likes the play close to the wire.

Issue with that is we may not sell enough or buy enough and be left with big holes in the team, I'll blow my top if we don't get a half decent striker to cover Kane.

we should simply support what Poch wants within an agreed budget

giphy.gif

Well Bony was available and sold for 28. As for others there are likely numerous options. I am simply addressing the issue of the money we don't have. You can't do all deals simultaneously otherwise they will never get done. Move dead weight and then buy based on what Poch and Paul Mitchell want. That is what I am looking for.

Can you clarify what currency you're actually fucking using?

You said sell Soldado and Paulinho for $25 mil.

You then say Bony went for just '28'. Yes, for £28, which is around double what $25 mil is.

You kind of need to do all the deals simultaneously, that's just the reality of the time frames. Bony wasn't available for us, though. Between wages and guarantees of competitiveness, he wouldn't come. Nor would he be content to be Harry Kane's back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom