January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I predict:
NW1 will keep screaming "Lamela will be sold!" to the clouds, window after window, year after year, no matter how long it takes. Just so that when that day comes that Lamela leaves us for some reason he can switch to screaming "TOLD YOU! I WAS RIGHT!"

Perfect example of the irrationality surrounding Lamela. You wait sunshine, I'll be proven right. I'd make another bet but I think you're probably a welcher. Rude people generally are. Spursdem is polite and articulate so I know he's good for his word. He made his points, I made mine and you're just pointless.

The only thing pointless is your existence on this forum.

When lamela is put into the cl squad and not sold this January, feel free to apologise then fuck off from this forum.

Tatty bye bye.

Let's try and get back on topic and not resort to childish insults.

The only credible players I have seen us linked with are Barkley and Sessegnon or Malcom - we'll only buy one of those not both, so we'd be bringing in two players. A bloated squad with too many players not even making the bench is not good for morale so if we bought in two of those players in I think we'd have to let two go. GKN seems to be the most obvious one and I've stated who I think the other would be, so if not him, then who?

Just watched some YouTube vids. He's 100% a direct replacement for Lamela. If we sign him Lamela may go the other way as part of the deal or be loaned or sold somewhere else. He's like a faster version of Lamela with a superior ball striking ability. Like Lamela, he does tend to drift in from the right but does sometimes use the space outside to get a right footed cross in - his right looks decent, not excellent, whereas as Lamela's is practically non existent. I know it upsets some fans but it does appear Poch is looking for an upgrade on Erik. Sessegnon also falls into that category. Man Utd also seem interested but they'd surely have to shift one of Martial or Rashford first, and a young player should think twice about going to a Mourinho team, given his track record with them. I think this rumour could have some legs to it.
You compare Malcolm to Lamela. I would compare him to Thomas Lemar as well. Malcolm is every bit as good as Lemar but with more pace. Malcolm is also fifteen months younger than Lemar. And he's not a headless chicken either. He is always thinking and keeping his head up. Very good player.

I think you've lost a tenner mate , we rarely sign anyone decent in Jan and Lamela is getting in purely because Nkoudont is shite rather than the ringing endorsement of Pochettino's faith in Lamela , is the CL squad submitted before the end of the window or after ?
I think if Lamela gets into the CL squad (which I believe will happen) then its because he is a better player than N'Koudou (not difficult) but also offers us a different and genuine option in games.
He might not start against Juve but he is a good option off the bench and when he gets back to full fitness and playing well then he can replace some of our other 3 who play behind Kane if and when they have a dip.

Bring Sessegnon in to compete with Rose. Transition Davies into a centre half (for when we play 3 at the back). Bring Malcom in to replace N'Koudou and perhaps even send him the other way to go and find his feet back in France and attempt to bring Barkley in to replace a deteriorating Dembele and add depth in the centre of the park.

You compare Malcolm to Lamela. I would compare him to Thomas Lemar as well. Malcolm is every bit as good as Lemar but with more pace. Malcolm is also fifteen months younger than Lemar. And he's not a headless chicken either. He is always thinking and keeping his head up. Very good player.

Watched some more Vs vids of him. We need to go balls deep for this guy and will be a massive coup if we can get him. The doubters will soon be swayed after a few games. We should make him our sole target. Just read some info on Barkley's injury as well. It was more than a tear or rupture, the hamstring actually seperated from the bone and the recovery time is much longer and it may never properly heal and be as good as new. Can't see us taking that kind of risk. Malcom and Sessegnon on a Dele deal would be a brilliant window.

Bring Sessegnon in to compete with Rose. Transition Davies into a centre half (for when we play 3 at the back). Bring Malcom in to replace N'Koudou and perhaps even send him the other way to go and find his feet back in France and attempt to bring Barkley in to replace a deteriorating Dembele and add depth in the centre of the park.
:levylol:

With this and Wanyama and Toby returning, we'd be fucking flying.

It'd be so good that now I'm sure Daniel Levy will never make it happen in January.

Why, Totti, why do you make me feel this?

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Glad you could take the time to recover from jerking off to man city long enough to post this

I really like Lamela and want him to become a superstar like Kane for us so bad! When he signed, all my FIFA careers I chose him because in my eyes he was a superstar who we managed to get because we were lucky. There's the Argentinian nostalgia connection as well which gives him a soft spot and he's done some spectacular things for us like the Rabona.

But overall, if we rank our attacking players for the past 3 years, it's clear that Lamela comes after Dele, Eriksen and Sonny. And the obvious reason is that Lamela has not been consistent and has been injury prone pretty much throughout his stay.

So I have no idea why certain people look at him like the second coming because even at his best, I don't think he was better than Dele, Eriksen and Sonny at their best.

It is wishful thinking that he finally reaches his potential and if he does, it is absolutely fantastic. But if 4 years have shown us anything, it is that he will manage a few decent games, pull off a spectacular one game and then get injured and disappear for a while. So I think we seriously need to get a player to challenge Lamela's position in the squad. Obviously GKN is so much worse than Lamela. So if we still hold on to Lamela, it doesn't matter. We need someone to challenge Dele/Eriksen/Sonny and in my eyes, unless Lamela pulls a miracle, it will not be him.
I think we will see a more rejuvenated Lamela, one who is hungry and wanting to go to the WC. He could be major key to us advancing deep into the CL. (Final)

Lamela is a creative passer like Eriksen, if Eriksen got injured Lamela would be expected to take his role. They are different as players but I see both as playmakers in our side where as Son I see more as a wide forward goal scorer.

I think the suspicion is that some our signings are quite far from first choice based on our budget and who is likely to come. I get Poch ain’t perfect but Sissoko looked a last second job, someone to fill a hole.

We shouldn't forget that Dembele was suspended for the first month and a half of that season, and at the time was our best CM.
Sissoko was certainly signed to fill a hole, but what player isn't? He had just had a very impressive Euros, and all the evidence suggests that Poch wanted him here.

Back
Top Bottom