January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just don’t rate Moura very highly to be honest. Lots of energy, low on intelligence. At our level we need more.

Son remains an enigma for me. He can be utterly brilliant, like today, but he can go for weeks looking like a bumbler, like the back end of last season, where he drives you nuts.

I really like him, but it’s so frustrating. Like I said, I wouldn’t be looking to actively off load him, certainly there are others I’d upgrade first.

But I think Pepe is going to be mustard. And he’s bloody consistent too.

More tenacious without the ball than Son as well, who’s not always good at pressing and winning the ball bsck.
For sure there are better players out there better than Son and Moura .

But they are going to be too expensive for us

What league is Pepe in? Moura has scored vital goals for us namely against Barca in the nou camp. We cannot ask for too much more of these players. Both son and moura are willing runners and press the ball and are vital to our system. I wouldn't change Son for many other players worldwide. Moura still has time to improve and has been improving for a while.
Agree . If Poch can improve Sissoko, Moura has every chance to be very very good

I just don’t rate Moura very highly to be honest. Lots of energy, low on intelligence. At our level we need more.

Son remains an enigma for me. He can be utterly brilliant, like today, but he can go for weeks looking like a bumbler, like the back end of last season, where he drives you nuts.

I really like him, but it’s so frustrating. Like I said, I wouldn’t be looking to actively off load him, certainly there are others I’d upgrade first.

More tenacious without the ball than Son as well, who’s not always good at pressing and winning the ball bsck.
You’re like a cheap knock-off version of the convicted gooner Ossie Wembley . All you ever do is moan and moan - give it a rest. This is the best Spurs team in a generation

Let yesterday's win or recent performances not cloud the need or the benefit for us of using this window.

We would be even stronger with quality additions, some who can be snared in January.

Last edited:
Let yesterday's win or recent performances cloud the need or the benefit for us of using this window.

We would be even stronger with quality additions, some who can be snared in January.

Agree. I don't know how much impact any new signings would have on the remainder of this season but at least they will have a full poch pre season to get up to speed and be ready for next season.

It will also show that Poch is likely to gone staying beyond this summer. He isn't the type to spend big money on players if he knew he was moving elsewhere.

As its Christmas, I'll hold back and be politer than I was going to be...

Fuck off you sack of shit.

I hope Poch can improve him as he did with Son. When Son first came to us he was awful and had the control of a pregnant elephant.
Very glad to be proved wrong.

Sons stats in the Bundesliga the 3 previous years were near identical to Arjen Robben at Munich who were smashing the league.........

Moura is fine. He has lost a bit of form in the league but others are picking up. He and Lamela were big for us at the start of the season when Kane/Alli weren't firing and Son was away and slow to get started.

Moura looks dynamite in the UCL. You can make a compilation of him dribbling past players for fun. Give him some more time to get used to the physical defending in England. I've no doubt he'll prove to be a top player.

I don't understand why attacking players are the focus. We can score goals with the best, it's the midfield and fullbacks that are wanting.
Somewhat agree with you. We once had the best defence a couple of years ago. Now teams would fancy having a go at us. A top defender will be higher priority if we are to sign someone

Back
Top Bottom