January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why would Grealish agree to that?

Just a guess, but there's probably some 'finer' details in the contract that make it a bunsen burner for him.

BDsYOvCCIAEblEM.jpg

Isn't Costa a winger? do we need another winger?
Doucoure is too inconsistent

GroB will be a great addition, I'm really not sure why no one asked questions about him (the scum and the blue dippers are dying for a player like him) considering his contract at brighton is probably cheep

I don't think Dacoure is inconsistent, he seems very consistent, but if we wanted him, instead of paying Watford the 40-50m they would demand, we could just go to France and buy one of the 27 midfielders that are almost identical for about 10-15m. Or we could pay the same as Dacoure would cost and buy NDombele, who's better.

....at the expense of having to play for Villa in the Championship, his old contract only had 18 months to run

Money talks. He's now probably on a significantly higher wage with major bonuses to keep him there. If he is that good (I wouldn't know as I don't follow Villa), then one of the Arabs or Oligarchs will pay 60m for him and everyone's happy.

Sander Berge from Genk would be a good winter option

When his name was mentioned in the summer, I was quite excited. I had never actually seen him play but it's the sort of under the radar signing that I like us making to be honest. Having read about what those have said about him, what he could potentially bring, it'd definitely be a gamble I'd be happy for us to make.

Just saw this on twitter:

When his name was mentioned in the summer, I was quite excited. I had never actually seen him play but it's the sort of under the radar signing that I like us making to be honest. Having read about what those have said about him, what he could potentially bring, it'd definitely be a gamble I'd be happy for us to make.

Just saw this on twitter:

I m sure that he ll make it in a big league, remains to be seen if he makes it in a top 6 team in those leagues or not.
Needs to get better at interceptions but the rest of his game is already very well developed, can see a Dembele replacement in him

Last edited:
I m sure that he ll make it in a big league, remains to be seen if he makes it in a top 6 league or not.
Needs to get better at interceptions but the rest of his game is already very well developed, can see a Dembele replacement in him

95% tackle success rate is fucking ridiculous!

He's got the right size to succeed in a top league.

95% tackle success rate is fucking ridiculous!

He's got the right size to succeed in a top league.
Yeah he s very good and a perfect fit of skill and the position he plays in. Has all the attributes to succeed but also already suffered two major injuries at such a young age ... Like I said the only thing I think he still lacks is reading pass lines and intercepting, if he gets that right he ll be a nightmare t to play against.

Back
Top Bottom