January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bournemouth have spent another 12 mill today, that's 31 mill this month. Tiny club with big ambitions
Good to see smaller clubs in the premiership. Not a bad idea signing young British players from the championship. 12m isn't a massive gamble. & even if he doesn't make it, they would probably still get at least 7 or 8m back if they sold him. On the other hand I have never heard or seen him before. Same with Wilson, Brooks & Cook who have turned out to be good signings for them.

Bournemouth have spent another 12 mill today, that's 31 mill this month. Tiny club with big ambitions

This is a club that gave Jermain Defoe 260,000 a month and started him 11 times in a season a half in the Premier League.

I don't think we can learn too much from them. They simply spend money because the Premier League rewards mediocrity. I'd be amazed if they aren't relegated and in financial trouble within 5 years.

Or perhaps a club that is expecting s big fee for Wilson?

I don't think so. They have really backed Howe since they came up, regularly spending more than would be expected for a club of their size. If they sell Wilson for 75 mill I fully expect them to reinvest that and probably 10 mill extra on top. It's what they do. Pretty phenomenal what the chairman and Howe have done down there. Mainly British players too

I don't think so. They have really backed Howe since they came up, regularly spending more than would be expected for a club of their size. If they sell Wilson for 75 mill I fully expect them to reinvest that and probably 10 mill extra on top. It's what they do. Pretty phenomenal what the chairman and Howe have done down there. Mainly British players too

Well as far as im aware they have a low wage bill don't they so suppose they can invest extra. But yeah not taking away from Howe I just doubt they spend super big without expecting a big fee

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom