January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Annoyingly, de Jong actually makes sense for City though. Fernandinho is getting older and they have no other DM in their squad. Guardiola could make de Jong the best 6/DM in Europe.
Only surprise really is that City could get (almost) any DM on Earth.
It's odd that they would go for a relativley unproven youngster considering the Ereidivise isn't the best league out there.

Still think Shelvey would do a job in our midfield.

Shame Doucoure signed a new deal. Also, Andre Gomes looked tidy for Everton vs Chelsea. He’d have been a great addition.

Sure, agree. I assume he's simply after a payday, in which case, we don't have a chance.

Anyway, looks like Barca for him.
I think players are beginning to see what happens at Barca. If the rumours are to be believed then Dembele and Malcolm want out. Rabiot wouldn’t get in ahead of Arthur, Busquets and Rakitic.

Still think Shelvey would do a job in our midfield.

Shame Doucoure signed a new deal. Also, Andre Gomes looked tidy for Everton vs Chelsea. He’d have been a great addition.
We need to think bigger mate, Doucoure maybe, Gomez & Shelvey nah.

They both look alright in the odd one off game but apart from but so do most of our current cm’s.

ITK says Rabiot big possibility Jan signing!

giphy.gif

There are some notable examples but a huge amount of highly rated flops that lower the average

I don't think Ligue 1 itself has been any worse than La Liga signings or Serie A signings.

I think most of the big name signings from that league have come over here and performed better. Hazard, Drogba, Essien, Bernardo Silva just off the top of my head.

I think Ligue 1 gets a bad rap (Probably more from Spurs fans than any other team in the league) because of the likes of Stambouli, Njie, Nkoudou etc. but I think it's a better league to sign from than the likes of Serie A for example because the players (if you get them early) are a lot cheaper and the rewards, as proven by history, are far greater.

Serious question, with Eriksens situation being what it is at present, would you if offered take a situation where we lose Eriksen but are guaranteed getting Rabiot in? I'd clearly love to keep Eriksen but with the contract situation dwindling down I think I'd take that right now as we need class in the door. Usually I wouldn't go for it but the Eriksen situation, the longer it goes on doesn't look to rosy

Serious question, with Eriksens situation being what it is at present, would you if offered take a situation where we lose Eriksen but are guaranteed getting Rabiot in? I'd clearly love to keep Eriksen but with the contract situation dwindling down I think I'd take that right now as we need class in the door. Usually I wouldn't go for it but the Eriksen situation, the longer it goes on doesn't look to rosy
It took two years to get the last Eriksen contract confirmed last time around.

We are probably the only club that ties down all it's players to contracts, yet despite this, it's always us that seem to get edgy when a player still has 18 months left.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got Rabiot, we are obviously interested in him and have been a while, I just think he isnt all that great

I wasn't sold on him either.

Until this performance. Then I was sold. I think he'd be excellent here and we've been close to signing him before (He was shown around our facilities).

I’m just hugely suspicious of any player that looks good in that league. Been more flops than successes

Is this a wind up?
France/Ligue1 successfully exports more footballers than any other country in the world bar Brazil, and just about every top/next top club in Europe (inc PL) has ex-French/Ligue1 players. Ligue1 is literally a conveyor belt of quality footballers.

Is this a wind up?
France/Ligue1 successfully exports more footballers than any other country in the world bar Brazil, and just about every top/next top club in Europe (inc PL) has ex-French/Ligue1 players. Ligue1 is literally a conveyor belt of quality footballers.

I mean... just look at the country that just won the World Cup for proof.

Though funnily enough, their top goalscorer was the only player in their line-up that didn't originate from a Ligue 1 team.

Back
Top Bottom