January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goalkeeper, RB and DM are priorities. Will also be looking for another CB soon with Jan and Toby looking to head off/aging, same with LB.

We have a bit to do, and we always seem to wait rather than be proactive. I'd like to see at least one of the above done in Jan, with maybe agreements being worked on for another at that stage. Can't be going into next season with big fuck off holes in quality all over the place

hopefully we can get rid of those that are at end of contracts & want to go, even if its just to off load wages
Eriksen, Wanyama,
hopefully Toby & Jan sign up, then use the wages freed up to get a true DM
yes we will miss Eriksen but we have GLC & Ndombele who can play there

hopefully we can get rid of those that are at end of contracts & want to go, even if its just to off load wages
Eriksen, Wanyama,
hopefully Toby & Jan sign up, then use the wages freed up to get a true DM
yes we will miss Eriksen but we have GLC & Ndombele who can play there

If we start the season with Jan & Toby as anything more than back-up we (and Sanchez individually) are fucked.

If we start the season with Jan & Toby as anything more than back-up we (and Sanchez individually) are fucked.
we need a DM & RB maybe a LB, if we add to that 2 CH, that's £250M+
do you think we will spend that much ?
that's why i would resign Jan & toby

I didn't say that re-signing them would serve zero purpose to the squad.

Point is Sanchez needs a solid partner or our defensive woes will continue; regardless of how good or bad Davies, Aurier or whatever dream FB's people desire are in attack....

Last edited:

do we have a choice, new stadium, big manager, all badly hurt because we have a flawed squad. It’s a decision the board need to make.

Poch is to blame, Mourinho is to blame etc. Can’t we just accept our squad has problems and we do one of two things.

1 get the wallet and back the manager with big money
2 sort out the scouting so we don’t have to pay as much

either way the board need to focus now purely on the squad, the stadium is complete and we have a squad that needs a refresh and strengthening and if they can’t then maybe it’s time for ENIC to lower it’s ambitions and maybe sell up. At the end of the day we are a football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom