January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now hold the fuck on.

When I asked why Lo Celso wasn’t playing and said Ndombele looks like a big fat Charlie Adam I was told that new signings need a year to settle.
And that Lo Celso couldn’t possibly start or play yet and Poch was right as he always fucking is.

Levy fucked up because Lo Celso had no pre season and no time to learn the tactics (haha good luck there) and the language and to know his team mates.

But here we are. And all of a sudden the same people want signings to come and save us in January.

Will these players now be able to learn the tactics in one hour?
Tea and biscuits at home with the whole squad in a day, English lessons on the plane, then come in, start straight away and transform the team?

Or are you hoping that this time in 2021, they might have settled in?
Wankers

Sammy, you're such a charmer.

Minimum buy is 1 marquee CB if we want to set ourselves up for a better 2nd half of the season, and prevent ourselves from being put over a barrel come the summer xfer window.

An athletic young CDM would be nice but I think Dier, Sissoko and Skipp could work out just fine given the right tactics.

An RB would be nice but Foyth and KWP should be able to hold it down well-enough to get us through to the summer when we have more data to properly assess the situation with.

What's happened to that Sander Berge fella?

Park Lane Mark Twain Park Lane Mark Twain says:

Contract expiring 2021, knockdown fee time next summer:

Fucking hell there's a fair few players who'll either be on a free or entering the last year of their contracts in the summer:

Contract expiring 2020:

Contract expiring 2021

Timothy Fosu-Mensah on a free in the summer, Sandro Tonali, Sander Berge or Boubakary Soumare on a cut price deal with one year left, the same applies to Upamecano and Ginter who I know we've been linked with in the past.

A lot of names to keep an eye on regarding contractual situs it seems.

Park Lane Mark Twain Park Lane Mark Twain says:

Contract expiring 2021, knockdown fee time next summer:

20 year old CDM Boubakary Soumaré of Lille looks pretty interesting on that list...

Cheap, young, athletic, skilled, he could be a good replacement for Wanyama and good competition for Skipp.
We might be able to sign him on a pre-contract deal and pay a small fee to get him in this winter so Lille don't lose him for nothing.

Anybody seen him? He looks pretty good in his youtube reel, but of course that's only part of the story...

20 year old CDM Boubakary Soumaré of Lille looks pretty interesting on that list...

Cheap, young, athletic, skilled, he could be a good replacement for Wanyama and good competition for Skipp.
We might be able to sign him on a pre-contract deal and pay a small fee to get him in this winter so Lille don't lose him for nothing.

Anybody seen him? He looks pretty good in his youtube reel, but of course that's only part of the story...

He's got blistering pace. Not much of a passer. But he is one to watch. He's lacking consistency at the moment.

Now hold the fuck on.

When I asked why Lo Celso wasn’t playing and said Ndombele looks like a big fat Charlie Adam I was told that new signings need a year to settle.
And that Lo Celso couldn’t possibly start or play yet and Poch was right as he always fucking is.

Levy fucked up because Lo Celso had no pre season and no time to learn the tactics (haha good luck there) and the language and to know his team mates.

But here we are. And all of a sudden the same people want signings to come and save us in January.

Will these players now be able to learn the tactics in one hour?
Tea and biscuits at home with the whole squad in a day, English lessons on the plane, then come in, start straight away and transform the team?

Or are you hoping that by this time in 2021, they might have settled in?
Wankers
No need to get angry sammy, it will depend who we’ll buy. Or from where. If we buy from Premier League I’d expect them to start matches pretty early. If we buy from outside of Premier League sure, it depends on the player’s quality, but I’d expect them to be slowly integrated in the team unless Poch gets desperate. The idea is that this rebuilding job is a longer process than we might have liked and it may continue next year aswell or we may see the results of it next season.
The important thing idea is to replace those players asap. If we don’t, we’re screwed, Poch or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom