January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urgent in January....

A right back, a left back, two centre halves and a defensive midfielder. It's clear Poch considers KWP, Sanchez, Foyth and Davies as back ups so we need a whole new first choice back four. Plus a defensive midfielder to help protect the back line, to organise and to dictate play from deep. Dembele gone, Dier and Wanyama finished under Poch, Winks is tidy but not what we need in that position.

What a fucking mess

I have concerns. Has anyone seen Paulo Dybala and this young swedish girl in the same room together?

gmqQTxq.png

Ideal

Out
Eriksen - £30-£40m
Alderweireld - £15-20m
Aurier - £20m
Wanyama - £10m

In

Van de Beek - £50m
Valery or Atal - £30m
Erm...Eriksen can negotiate with clubs to sign for them for FREE in June.

We aren't getting a penny for him. Let alone 30m.

All those thinking we'll bring n 4-5 players are in dreamland. We aren't finding that many clubs who will let good players go in January. We'll be lucky to find 1-2.

A RB is essential, as is an LB. CB can hold until summer. We've got Verts, Dier, Foyth, Sanchez, Davies and Tanganga.

Alex Grimaldo of Benfica would be my first choice. Maybe try get Santiago Arias on loan if Trippier keeps him out the Atletico side. Along with their 5000 other RB's.

A RB is essential, as is an LB. CB can hold until summer. We've got Verts, Dier, Foyth, Sanchez, Davies and Tanganga.

Alex Grimaldo of Benfica would be my first choice. Maybe try get Santiago Arias on loan if Trippier keeps him out the Atletico side. Along with their 5000 other RB's.

What? I thought you rated Sessengon massively? Maybe not you...?

Have to laugh at getting someone in who can’t get a game ahead of Trippier

Be brave

What? I thought you rated Sessengon massively? Maybe not you...?

Have to laugh at getting someone in who can’t get a game ahead of Trippier

Be brave
If you think a club is going to let a full back go, that is better than Trippier, in January, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

I do rate Sessengnon massively. He's not better at LB than Grimaldo though and atm, fuck knows when he'll be fit.

Atletico's RB's are currently Trippier, Arias and Vrsaljko. All three are far superior to Aurier, KWP and Foyth.

Arias has actually played better than Trippier when given the chance.

Finally, I'm only suggesting a loan. Loans are exponentially more likely in January than transfers.

Erm...Eriksen can negotiate with clubs to sign for them for FREE in June.

We aren't getting a penny for him. Let alone 30m.

All those thinking we'll bring n 4-5 players are in dreamland. We aren't finding that many clubs who will let good players go in January. We'll be lucky to find 1-2.

That would be PR suicide. Sell Tripps to Atletico for fuck all. Then loan his understudy as replacement

If you think a club is going to let a full back go, that is better than Trippier, in January, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

I do rate Sessengnon massively. He's not better at LB than Grimaldo though and atm, fuck knows when he'll be fit.

Atletico's RB's are currently Trippier, Arias and Vrsaljko. All three are far superior to Aurier, KWP and Foyth.

Arias has actually played better than Trippier when given the chance.

Finally, I'm only suggesting a loan. Loans are exponentially more likely in January than transfers.

Just wondered why you would give Sessegnon time?
And why we let Trippier go, but that wasn’t your decision obviously.

Smacks of another Poch fuck up, especially if Sessengon wasn’t for this season.

Just wondered why you would give Sessegnon time?
And why we let Trippier go, but that wasn’t your decision obviously.

Smacks of another Poch fuck up, especially if Sessengon wasn’t for this season.
Trippier had been HORRENDOUS for us for a long time. No one predicted he'd start this well at Atletico.

I'd give Sess time because he's 19 and that's what you give youngsters at a new club. He could play in any number of positions. It's not guaranteed Poch will use him at LB.

Poch's plan could very well be.....

Son-------Lo Celso-------Sessegnon

If so, full backs are even more critical.

Has anyone on here actually watched Trippier play for Athletico. Or is it just a good story for the press to keep going on about. He didn’t look great when he played for England recently.
He cannot defend against top class wide players. That won’t change.
No doubt Foyth will be right back after internationals.

Trippier had been HORRENDOUS for us for a long time. No one predicted he'd start this well at Atletico.

I'd give Sess time because he's 19 and that's what you give youngsters at a new club. He could play in any number of positions. It's not guaranteed Poch will use him at LB.

Poch's plan could very well be.....

Son-------Lo Celso-------Sessegnon

If so, full backs are even more critical.
Maybe keeper?

Has anyone on here actually watched Trippier play for Athletico. Or is it just a good story for the press to keep going on about. He didn’t look great when he played for England recently.
He cannot defend against top class wide players. That won’t change.
No doubt Foyth will be right back after internationals.

Hahahahaha

Yeah, if he was doing shit in the papers I’m very sure you would question it’s validity

It’s not even a story..it’s not even in the press as some kind of headline. Simply googled Atleticos ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom