January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No from watching him live three times and on TV. I have an apartment in milan my partner works in television there.

Is this based on just this season? Because I saw quite a bit of him last season, and he looked pretty good to me then. I don't have access to Serie A matches this season, like I did the last two (at least with out a subscription I'm not willing to buy), so I haven't seen any of him this season. To be fair, Janssen didn't exactly come from a Serie A-quality league, so signing him was always going to be a bit of a crap-shoot.

We just won't sign anyone and quite frankly I'm not bothered anymore a couple of years back I was starting to believe again now I just don't give a fuck, we are constantly held back by ownership that has as much desire as a eunoch.

Exactly, we were signing Sessegnon for £50M and wouldn't be beaten in the market generally, according to him, before he garnered 'the badge', in the lead up to a couple of summers ago, the new stadium was going to elevate our financials way beyond what anyone understood, according to him.

Knew he was full of bull, clearly he has zero contact worth shit, maybe a youth team coach who once gossiped, what they heard from the tea lady, or some vague nonsense.

Him and Ali Z both completely full of shit. In fact almost all of it is.

A few years back there were some reliable people (mostly on COYS), but after Willian there seemed to be a massive crackdown.

Ultimately why does anyone even care? Until a signing is official it’s up in the air (as with Willian). People just get their hopes up about a bunch of rumours.

Then A&C comes along as The Goat and adds some nonsense about cabbages.

Zaha doesn’t provide you lots of goals either tbh.
Despite what a lot of people have said on here, I actually rate Zaha to a degree.

I think that he would be an upgrade on moura, and would put out much better numbers in a top 6 side.

it’s just I don’t think that he should be a priority and he is over priced. We have much bigger problems to deal with before we start looking at wingers.

From what I gather, if he doesn't score, he brings nothing to the party. Apparently his link-up play is utter crap.
Thanks for that but there were 2 players mentioned in that post. And from your post I gather that at least one of them is 'utter crap' as far as link-up play is concerned.

We just won't sign anyone and quite frankly I'm not bothered anymore a couple of years back I was starting to believe again now I just don't give a fuck, we are constantly held back by ownership that has as much desire as a eunoch.
I feel the same. We may sign 1 player but we need far more & these owners don't seem to have the desire to take us to the next level. Think we have peaked with these lot in charge.

I feel the same. We may sign 1 player but we need far more & these owners don't seem to have the desire to take us to the next level. Think we have peaked with these lot in charge.

Then something has to give.

Either they prove you and many others wrong or they step aside for new owners.

We look like a haunted and empty version of 2 years ago.

Then something has to give.

Either they prove you and many others wrong or they step aside for new owners.

We look like a haunted and empty version of 2 years ago.
Sadly there's the 3rd choice which is as you were. They can't be forced to sell & seem happy with things the way they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom