January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance whatsoever we could bag Cavani? Proven,experienced,top drawer striker imo. Guaranteed to score goals, perfect fit with Harry out.

If Chelsea get him you can kiss goodbye any lingering hopes of top 4
No, and it’s simple why.

Hes 33, on £300k a week and PSG want £12m for him.

Now, let me introduce you to Daniel Levy.

101.jpg

This season is already a write off. Might as well buy some young talent to bed in.

Or even better promote the youth and get a real director of football in to start planning ahead.

Perhaps our strategy isn't about trophies and more about the friends we made along the way.
No it's not, there's still plenty to play for.

So..

We agreed £70m for Dybala, Dybala wanted to come, he agreed personal terms. Inter move for him fell through due to Lukaku, Inter are now singing Eriksen that frees up the £14m to pay for Dybala’s image rights.
Dybala posts an image on the London Underground with a White Heart...

It all makes sense.. We’re getting Benteke.

No, and it’s simple why.

Hes 33, on £300k a week and PSG want £12m for him.

Now, let me introduce you to Daniel Levy.

So if we got him on a 2 year contract, we would end up paying around 40 million including wages and the nominal signing on fee. Signing him "could" be the difference between getting back into the CL this season which is worth what? And then there is the merchandise, bums on seats.

Even at 33 signing a player of that caliber could be huge for us in the short term.

I agree though Levy probably wouldn't look twice

We need to be realistic... it's unlikely we're going to sign a striker demanding crazy wages (Cavani, Bale) or one that is essential for the club he's playing for at the moment (Ings, Pukki). There are options out there nevertheless. I'm still expecting us to sign a striker before the window closes.

Are Inter insane?

They are actually negotiating for a long term out of form player who leaves on a free in six months with almost zero chance of getting an injury in that time.

Perhaps Conte has not bothered to check any of our games since he departed England.
If they want Eriksen they are buying the player that he could be. They have the best chance in years to winning the title and £10M-£20M is worthwhile for the push.

That's a big assumption that Eriksen will be that player, a risk I would be willing to make myself.

If they want Eriksen they are buying the player that he could be. They have the best chance in years to winning the title and £10M-£20M is worthwhile for the push.

That's a big assumption that Eriksen will be that player, a risk I would be willing to make myself.

for a season or two he will be then he will get in a strop and go crap again. So I would as well.

We need to be realistic... it's unlikely we're going to sign a striker demanding crazy wages (Cavani, Bale) or one that is essential for the club he's playing for at the moment (Ings, Pukki). There are options out there nevertheless. I'm still expecting us to sign a striker before the window closes.
Piatek ticks all the boxes - but we're probably arguing over 10 quid or something

Bruno Fernandes is going to become one of those players that is linked to a big money move to England every transfer window, never materialises but ends up playing in Qatar aged 28.

Either that, or at West Ham. Not sure which is worse?

for a season or two he will be then he will get in a strop and go crap again. So I would as well.
At his best he is a 100M+ player, he may never be that player again but at 27 securing him for £20M would be a no brainer.

Could be done forever, it happens but I wouldn't be surprised to see him being a top player over there.

Last edited:
Different source about Bale being linked

At best, this is to put pressure on Inter to up their bid since getting Bale would likely involve Eriksen too.

HA... imagine a window where we sign BALE and CAVANI!??!
:lamelashock::hugoshock::kanegoal::dembelelol::baletroll:

:roseunsure:"hmmmm.... lemme Google them first, Bro... I'll get back to you!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom