January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYP.

And critics could say that he should have let him go last season (Sammy-summer) when it was reported he wanted to go and it was clear he wasn't going to sign (repeated contract efforts rebuffed). Thus preventing him from going into his last year of contract. It's not like he was any good this last season and a half anyway. Perhaps we could have gotten the 80M for him and gotten GLC straight from PSG for 22M. Just think about the opportunity cost there my friend. Doesn't look quite the masterstroke that you are painting when viewed through this lens.
A player worth about 60m-80m runs his contract down to the point where we get 20m max. Which is a very cheap for Eriksen. Yet some spin that to a masterstroke. If we said back then Eriksen would leave for 20m in January before his contract expires, I don't think anyone would have chosen or wanted that. If Woolwich did it we would say mismanagement to allow a key player to get to only 6 months left on his contract & then have to sell him for a lot cheaper to avoid him going for free.

What a wanker! :levylol:

Who: Hercules
When: 27th January
Where: SC

I am going to be extremely cautious with what I am about to say. Please do not start guessing games etc, as some have. CE expected to be announced tomorrow. May I add, that with us we drag things out. SB everything agreed fee-wise, and structure not far from bring finalised, if it hasn’t already in the past hour or so. KP we are where he wants to come. We want loan with option, and not crazy loan fee Milan want. William is actually still in the fire, and his club willing to do almost any deal. Striker from Germany our back-up, and it is not Werner. There is another that is back up to all this. The DM is seen as 60/40 against in this window.

DL still wants CL, and with the limited funds trying to make the digits work, and keep the banks happy. JM wants SB & striker done by Wednesday Bale is not happening!

CAUTION
That is the state of play, but you know us. Don’t blame DL here, as his hands are tied. He is doing everything to make it happen. And this is not come via club’s ‘spin doctors’

We’ll find out how serious we are about Piatek, if we’re indeed negotiating with Milan and there is others interested in him. I doubt he starts in the Coppa Italia match tonight, as I stated earlier I watch Milan religiously like I watch Spurs religiously and there’s no way Milan risks a player by having an injury when they have heavy FFP restrictions.

Pioli (Milans coach) has already said their market will be dictated by outgoings, meaning they need to sell in order to buy. Therefore tonight we will have a very good idea whether we’re really locked into negotiations for Piatek, I personally think all this Piatek talk is a smokescreen for Willian Jose to get Real Sociedad to budge on whatever their evaluation is of him. Willian Jose has already missed two matches due to speculation also.

I don’t see what Piatek will offer to Spurs that Kane can’t, so it baffles me that we’re after him. At least Willian Jose has that serious size and target man factor that Kane lacks at times, Piatek and Kane would get in each other’s way whereas Willian Jose offers something very different to Kane.

What a wanker! :levylol:

Who: Hercules
When: 27th January
Where: SC

I am going to be extremely cautious with what I am about to say. Please do not start guessing games etc, as some have. CE expected to be announced tomorrow. May I add, that with us we drag things out. SB everything agreed fee-wise, and structure not far from bring finalised, if it hasn’t already in the past hour or so. KP we are where he wants to come. We want loan with option, and not crazy loan fee Milan want. William is actually still in the fire, and his club willing to do almost any deal. Striker from Germany our back-up, and it is not Werner. There is another that is back up to all this. The DM is seen as 60/40 against in this window.

DL still wants CL, and with the limited funds trying to make the digits work, and keep the banks happy. JM wants SB & striker done by Wednesday Bale is not happening!

CAUTION
That is the state of play, but you know us. Don’t blame DL here, as his hands are tied. He is doing everything to make it happen. And this is not come via club’s ‘spin doctors’

Literally telling us nothing we didn't already know.

I get that. It's this mantra that we should be lining up to fondle Levy's balls every time he turns an unlikely profit on a player.
As a football fan, it gives me absolutely zero satisfaction. I'm more interested in winning football matches.
Whilst ignoring all the sales he lost so we lose transfer fees & have to carry on paying their wages. I think he loses us as much as he gains us tbh. He has been poor at offloading players for quite a few years now.

Last edited:
We’ll find out how serious we are about Piatek, if we’re indeed negotiating with Milan and there is others interested in him. I doubt he starts in the Coppa Italia match tonight, as I stated earlier I watch Milan religiously like I watch Spurs religiously and there’s no way Milan risks a player by having an injury when they have heavy FFP restrictions.

Pioli (Milans coach) has already said their market will be dictated by outgoings, meaning they need to sell in order to buy. Therefore tonight we will have a very good idea whether we’re really locked into negotiations for Piatek, I personally think all this Piatek talk is a smokescreen for Willian Jose to get Real Sociedad to budge on whatever their evaluation is of him. Willian Jose has already missed two matches due to speculation also.

I don’t see what Piatek will offer to Spurs that Kane can’t, so it baffles me that we’re after him. At least Willian Jose has that serious size and target man factor that Kane lacks at times, Piatek and Kane would get in each other’s way whereas Willian Jose offers something very different to Kane.

I’ve got some bad news for you about Kane mate.... :kanehand:

I’ve got some bad news for you about Kane mate.... :kanehand:
I obviously know Kane is injured but Milan won’t sell Piatek with a loan with an option to buy, they want outright sale or obligation.

if we invest 20-30m on a striker we need a view for the future how the player fits and Piatek next to Kane imo is a disaster imo. I’ve watched a lot of Piatek.

A player worth about 60m-80m runs his contract down to the point where we get 20m max. Which is a very cheap for Eriksen. Yet some spin that to a masterstroke. If we said back then Eriksen would leave for 20m in January before his contract expires, I don't think anyone would have chosen or wanted that. If Woolwich did it we would say mismanagement to allow a key player to get to only 6 months left on his contract & then have to sell him for a lot cheaper to avoid him going for free.
Neatly forgetting that there were ZERO offers for him in the summer .... small point but quite relevant don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom