January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck I’m actually worried we won’t get a striker now, was actually willing to to take Giroud (god forbid) just because I know we need someone, but even he’s off to lazio now.

hope we go back in for W.Jose.

Happy with the signings we have made but let’s not kid ourselves , unless something changes in the next couple of days we will have not addressed any of the key issues affecting the team and I see no obvious signs that we are ready to turn a corner and salvage this season

Giroud... but even he’s off to lazio now.
giphy.gif

Happy with the signings we have made but let’s not kid ourselves , unless something changes in the next couple of days we will have not addressed any of the key issues affecting the team and I see no obvious signs that we are ready to turn a corner and salvage this season
From memory at the start of the window most people wanted DM, CF & RB. As you say, we have none so far. Fingers crossed we pull a few deals out the bag.

Am I right in thinking we have got rid of 2 fbs and not signed a single replacement. Sessegnon davies and aurier? And that is it now? No dm either. Fuck me.
3 fullbacks let go in the two transfer windows and 0 incoming. No Kane backup and no replacements for our 2 washed up defensive mids. But let's go buy the Made in China Depay and call it a day.

3 fullbacks let go in the two transfer windows and 0 incoming. No Kane backup and no replacements for our 2 washed up defensive mids. But let's go buy the Made in China Depay and call it a day.

Or in another way...

- We have a Sissoko replacement in young Gedson
- We found a solution to the Eriksen drama
- Rose found an out
- We converted future Ballon D'or winner Lo Celso
- We brought in competition for Son/Lucas and perhaps an understudy to Kane who looks like a real talent
- KWP is getting a much needed loan with no option to sell
- The average age of the team is now about two years younger

For all our flaws in the transfer market in the last couple years, this window has been pretty crazy for us. Plus we didn't even need to turn up at Levy's house like our deluded friends from up north. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom