January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We ain’t signing no one this window
tea GIF

Oh yes we are!

Annoying that we have all these rumours but I feel like our key problems remain unaddressed. More than a CB or CM we need a RB. Aurier is bad enough, but then we added that donkey Doherty.

Then there's the issue of the RW, Bergwijn is OK, but we need more than OK. Ideally we would have got rid of Sissoko, Aurier, Moura, Lamela by now, but they just keep clinging on like shit on the bottom of your shoe.

I realise we're not man city but surely even we can afford to get rid of at least 2 of these lot and bring in some replacements.

Annoying that we have all these rumours but I feel like our key problems remain unaddressed. More than a CB or CM we need a RB. Aurier is bad enough, but then we added that donkey Doherty.

Then there's the issue of the RW, Bergwijn is OK, but we need more than OK. Ideally we would have got rid of Sissoko, Aurier, Moura, Lamela by now, but they just keep clinging on like shit on the bottom of your shoe.

I realise we're not man city but surely even we can afford to get rid of at least 2 of these lot and bring in some replacements.
Only if ;
A) We can get someone to buy them for decent money
B) Be able to get better in, for the right money.
and
C) Get HG players in that are better than them, again, for the right money.

Only if ;
A) We can get someone to buy them for decent money
B) Be able to get better in, for the right money.
and
C) Get HG players in that are better than them, again, for the right money.
I suppose that depends on your idea of decent money. I think selling Lamela on a free would be decent money. I also think there's a number of young Championship players like Eze, Bowen, Cantwell, and others who could've been had for cheap, instead of going for the 30m Sessegnon or the utterly inexperienced Jack Clarke as an impulse buy.

I also think there are few players worse than Moura and Lamela these days, especially when accounting for Lamela's lack of fitness.

I also don't buy the idea that you can't make a move because there's no guarantees, our situation is quite urgent, we need to make some kind of move to at least try to improve.

I suppose that depends on your idea of decent money. I think selling Lamela on a free would be decent money. I also think there's a number of young Championship players like Eze, Bowen, Cantwell, and others who could've been had for cheap, instead of going for the 30m Sessegnon or the utterly inexperienced Jack Clarke as an impulse buy.

I also think there are few players worse than Moura and Lamela these days, especially when accounting for Lamela's lack of fitness.

I also don't buy the idea that you can't make a move because there's no guarantees, our situation is quite urgent, we need to make some kind of move to at least try to improve.
I can't see Jose going for young unproven players to improve the first team.
Maybe the players you mentioned would of been good buys and they might well become top players.
Quite possibly they are missed chances, but that was then and this is now. With Covid any young, promising/proven HG player is going to cost a fortune, unless they are in the last year or so of their contract.

Sportsmail reported on Saturday that Villa had opened talks for a deal for the former France U21 international, joining West Ham, Tottenham and Woolwich in the race.

Sanson, 26, has been a key figure under Andre Villas-Boas, and helped Marseille to a second place finish in Ligue 1 last season but have had a more difficult campaign this time round.

We’ve been linked with Sanson for at least the last 4 Windows. He looks a decent player but he’s in and out of team which suggests he lacks consistency in his performances.
He was however massive in their previous season which saw them finish 2nd. I watch a fair deal of Marseille and like what I have seen of him so far.

If we are bringing in a foreign player I would hope it would be for someone a lot better than Sanson. Might be an upgrade on Sissoko but that is about it. I guess maybe if you sold Sissoko as well as bringing him in it would be an upgrade but surely we can do better.

Re signing Eriksen would be the most tottenham like signing we could possibly make

Signing someone we dont need just because we can and because it would be cheap

While neglecting the actual areas that need addressing

Signing someone because they were once good or had played for us and been good a long time in the past

As I said , this signing screams tottenham , its everything that has been wrong with our recruitment for years now

Lazy , unimaginative and quite frankly incompetent

For all these reasons and more I wouldn't be surprised if it happens

EhYe4ZiWoAAhCMo.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom